Author Topic: Frederick William Herman Hesse  (Read 7951 times)

Offline Pels.

• Deceased Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: alvah dean G Myers
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 27 July 13 12:27 BST (UK) »

Pels

Alvah was my grandfather. Not sure how old this thread is but if there anything I can help you with then let me know.  I've only just signed up to this forum so my apologies if this isn't the correct form of addressing the forum.

Chris

Hi Chris, it's good to hear from you,  :) :)

You are absolutely spot on with how you've replied. I've just checked, it appears the person who was researching your family hasn't been online since Sunday 27th November 2011 - but that's not to say 'Brown-hesse2011' won't get an email notification to say this thread has had a new response.

If not, you could answer me a couple more times on here, two or three posts will then activate your PM (personal message) system, you could then contact them privately. To do this you'll see this symbol below their username - which is to the left of their last reply. By clicking on that you can make contact, providing they haven't changed their email address.

Good luck,

Pels.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline huchitang

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick William Herman Hesse
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 27 July 13 18:10 BST (UK) »
Okay, I reread your posts and now realise that it wasn't you looking for information but you were looking on behalf of someone else. Perhaps you could offer me some advice.  I was originally searching for Lilian Young who married Alvah which is how I came across your thread. I came to something of a dead end as there were rather too many Lilian Youngs born in 1896 and I couldn't be 100% certain I was chasing the right one.  My money was on Lilian born in Chester-le-Street but that was just an educated guess and no one in my family knew as Alvah's second wife didn't encourage any discussion about his first so no one knew.  Would the death certificate or marriage certificate actually hold information on place of birth or her parents details?  Certainly the register has nothing useful to work.  If it does what is the easiest way of getting hold of a copy?

Chris

Offline Pels.

• Deceased Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick William Herman Hesse
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 27 July 13 18:59 BST (UK) »

Okay, I reread your posts and now realise that it wasn't you looking for information but you were looking on behalf of someone else. Perhaps you could offer me some advice.  I was originally searching for Lilian Young who married Alvah which is how I came across your thread. I came to something of a dead end as there were rather too many Lilian Youngs born in 1896 and I couldn't be 100% certain I was chasing the right one.  My money was on Lilian born in Chester-le-Street but that was just an educated guess and no one in my family knew as Alvah's second wife didn't encourage any discussion about his first so no one knew.  Would the death certificate or marriage certificate actually hold information on place of birth or her parents details?  Certainly the register has nothing useful to work.  If it does what is the easiest way of getting hold of a copy?

Chris

Hi again,

I would think you aren't far wrong with the Chester-le-Street birth. As I'm sure you've seen there is someone to fit Lilian's description in 1901 and born in Birtley :

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XSH1-BSF

On the next census the person above was living in Darlington. Which would fit perfectly.

Marriage, Sep qtr 1920
Alvat D G Myers
Lilian Young
Darlington, Vol 10a, page 28

The above registration would tell you the name and occupation of Lilian's father, to help confirm it's the one we hope it is. The link below is from Darlington Register Office. To search use the name Alvah Myers or Lilian Young and 1920. I notice the above FreeBMD one isn't spelt as it should be.

http://www.darlington.gov.uk/Living/Register+Office/RegOfficeSearch.htm

Hope this helps and I've made sense. It seems a long time since I looked for these names.

Pels.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk