Author Topic: Rose of Kilravock  (Read 17558 times)

Offline tazzy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rose of Kilravock
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 13:36 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find out if anyone connected with the late Anna Elizabeth Rose. who died in 2012 in Nairn, have any old photographs of her ancestors.
My late husbands aunt worked for Miss Rose and stayed in one of the cottages on the castle grounds.
When her house was cleared after she died, we found an old album with sepia photographs and I think it may belong to the Rose family.
If anyone can provide photos I can compare them and gladly hand over the album to it's rightful owner

Offline RedRoseG

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 August 23 06:35 BST (UK) »
I have a Rose family bible.
Contact me

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 13 August 23 18:19 BST (UK) »
I understand that the heir is her nephew David Rose (né Baird) of Nairnside Farm, Croy.
I think his brother John Timothy ('Tim') Baird lives at Kilravock, but probably not in the castle which Elizabeth gave to some religious community.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds