Author Topic: Jones/ Penygelly / Kerry Church  (Read 9914 times)

Offline MrsF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones/ Penygelly / Kerry Church
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Again , thank you for your efforts.

I expect that I may ultimately have to make the trip from Suffolk to visit the Powys record office to delve deeper into the archives - although my poor husband always turns a bit pale when I mention record offices and microfiche!!

Offline Janice123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 February 12 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I had a quick look at the Kerry records and the only birth for a Charlotte in Kerry in around 1800 I could find was 9 th April 1799
Charlotte D, of William and Ann Hamer. bap - Penygelly.
The only other Charlotte I could find around that date was
Charlotte D. of Edward and Jane Gwilt bap- Brinllowarch  June 20th 1802.
Don't know if that is of any help to you? Hope so.
Jan
Bowden, Perks, Hill, Powell, Davies, Morgan, Bowen, Morris, Oliver, Hudson, Mottershead, Wenham, Tingey, Bennett, Smout, Mantle, Hughes, Kidson, Simpson.

Offline Janice123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 February 12 13:32 GMT (UK) »
P.s
Also found
April 10th 1803
Epaphroditus S. of William and Ann Hamer bap. Penygelly.
Will see if i can see any others.
Jan
Bowden, Perks, Hill, Powell, Davies, Morgan, Bowen, Morris, Oliver, Hudson, Mottershead, Wenham, Tingey, Bennett, Smout, Mantle, Hughes, Kidson, Simpson.

Offline Janice123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 February 12 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, couldn't find anyone else, nor a marriage for William and Ann.  I'll let you know if I find anything.
Jan

Offline MrsF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 February 12 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan

Thank you very much for your research - I really appreciate your help.  I've been stuck with this part of my family tree for a long time now and cannot get any further back on either Charlotte's side or her husband, John Jones'.

Best wishes
Mary

Offline MrsF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 27 March 12 15:33 BST (UK) »
I have now managed to establish that Charlotte Home married John Jones in St Michael's Church, Kerry in 1824.

There is reference to a Anne Havard Home of Penygelly who died in 1836 aged 58.  I think this may be Charlotte Home's mother.  The records also show a marriage between William Horne and Anne Havard on 3 May 1798 in Churchstoke.  I am wondering if William Horne should actually read "Home"?  Does anybody have a connection/link with this family.

Thanks!

Offline bcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 June 12 17:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your - very prompt - replies!

The reference I have for the 1841 Census is HO 107/1439/6.  Admittedly the name Jones looks like "Johns" but after spending ages trawling through the online records, I am sure they are the John, Charlotte and Elizabeth Jones in my family tree.  In the 1851 Census they have moved to London where Elizabeth was at school, and I believe the farm was being worked by the Davies family, who I am keeping fingers crossed were related to Charlotte.

Hi

I have Davies relatives living at Penygelli in 1841 - 1873ish - I wonder if they were working your relatives farm? Thomas was the old man and he had sons, Thomas 1873 and Richard Robert 1875

Clare

Davies, Gittins, Penygelli, Kerry, Shelve

Offline MrsF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 18 June 12 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Clare

I think that Charlotte Jones's sister, Mary Ann, married Robert Davies (they are shown as living at Penygelli in the 1851 census).  Charlotte's daughter, Elizabeth Anne, also mentions "my cousin Martha Lewis" in her Will, and Martha was the daughter of Robert and Mary Ann. 

Would Robert Davies (born approx 1803) be connected to your Thomas Davies in any way?

Kind regards
Mary

Offline Fishyfins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 15 October 15 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there!

I know im necroing an old thread, but i do so in hoping the original poster will see this reply!

I, too, am researching my family history, and believe we may be looking at the same people.

We are currently looking at a John Jones (DOB Unknown, died 1875), who married a Charlotte Owens in 1822 in Wales (same as the information given above). Charlotte died in 1879 according to our records, and so the timeline and place seems to fit in what the thread above says. However, we have the daughter (or one of their daughters) as "Mary Ann Elizabeth Jones", with Elizabeth being one of her middle names. This daughter married my great-great-great grandfather James Bakes in 1860 around York.
If the original poster (or indeed anyone) has any more information, then i would be very grateful!