Author Topic: dora leech  (Read 21853 times)

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: dora leech
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 November 14 20:07 GMT (UK) »
 Thank you Andy,a very interesting story.hope they put up a memorial for them,thanks for your time,Tom

Offline bristol170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Marriage details:

Beatrice Leech, age 19, of 66 Hauteville, St Peter Port, d.o. Charles Leech, master mariner, married George Louis Villalard, aged 29, labourer, of 49 States Houses, Bouet, St Peter Port, son of Jean Marie Villalard, labourer at the Registrar's Office, Le Greffe, St. Peter Port on 17th Aug 1931, with the consent of her father. Witnesses were Beatrice Leech (her mother) and Rosalie Leech.
Beatrice's birth details: born St Peter Port on 23 Sep 1911, d.o. Charles Leech and his wife Beatrice née Hayward, of 7, Les Canichers, St Peter Port.

Albert John Chester Leech, age 23, boot and shoe repairer, of Les Banques, St Sampson, s.o. Samuel Goldsmith Leech (deceased), former carpenter, married Marjorie Phyllis Ella Painter, age 23, ward maid, of Victoria Hospital, St Peter Port, d.o. George Painter, steward, at the Registar's Office, Le Greffe, St Peter Port, on 1st July 1926. Witnesses were Elsie Fallaize and Christina Alice Jeffrey.
Albert's birth details: born St Sampson on 26 Jun 1903 s.o. Samuel Goldsmith Leech and his wife Alice Ann née Robin of Nouvelle Rue.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Andy for your quick reply.it is very good information.Beatrice is definitely a relative of mine.it was confirmed by the fathers name and occupation.they must have remained in guernsey,It is great having her husbands family.Once again thank you very much,Tom.The other Leech family is not related as far as I know

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 November 14 20:44 GMT (UK) »
I have been told Rosalie Leech (witness) on above marriage of Beatice Leech was a sister of Beatrice the mother.Rosalie married a Robert Leech.This would mean that two brothers married two sisters.they would have married around 1900 -1906,Robert was also a master mariner.It would be of great help if anyone could look it up.What goods were exported from Guernsey?I found Charles on 1901 census on board a boat in Wales.He had a Guernsey crew.thank you for your time,tom

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 March 15 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Just an update on Dorah Leech,I have found her on an electoral roll in London.she was living with her cousin,Eileen Maud Kinch nee Leech.she was using her maiden name so I assume she has not married.This was in 1929-1930.She was living with her siblings in 1933,also in London,thank you for your time,Tom

Offline Billiie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Leech family
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have started to make a family tree, my great grandparents were Albert John chester Leech and Marjorie Phyllis Ella Painter, I just wondered if anyone has any information reguarding their parents and siblings.

I think Marjorie had 3 sisters in London and I have come across a Raymond Leech, I’m not sure if he’s a relation to Albert or not though

Any information would be greatly appreciated
Thank you, Billie

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 April 22 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,if the 1921 English Census is out,can anyone see if,a Dorah Leech was still living on the island and also if George and Beatrice Villalard were living there and if they had any children,thank you in advance,tom

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 April 22 00:10 BST (UK) »
You can join FindMyPast as a free member and do free searches of the 1921 Census, you only pay for the transcription or the image. You can find out quite a lot for free. Beatrice and George are both there
but I haven't found Dorah yet. Beatrice and George were not married at that time.

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 15 April 22 19:39 BST (UK) »
thank you,I will do that,tom