Author Topic: COMPLETE MANY THANKSJohn Campbell Findley/Finley  (Read 8645 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell Findley/Finley
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 23:04 GMT (UK) »
In reply 21 I just put a link to the 1910 census but I began to wonder what information it gave with regard to how many marriages George Campbell Findlay in particular had  - so this is the detail.  The immigration date would fit with the George in Pennsylvania and perhaps that D is for divorce for Margaret on the 1900 Census  ???

Greensboro, Hale, Alabama in 1910

Georgie Findlay 60 Immigrated 1871. Marriage 2 for 10 years. Plummer Electric Co.
Lucy M Findlay 40 Born Alabama.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 15 December 11 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
                 George Findlay and Margaret also had a son Charles b c 1871 in Pennsylvania well eventually I tracked him down
he died in Philadelphia Pennsylvania on 11 September 1907 he was single his father George Findlay mother Margaret McHardie
they were married in 1868 Dundee Scotland their son George born there in 1869.
George on the marriage certificate  is George Campbell Findlay son of Andrew Findlay and Janet Campbell he is actually a cousin of  John Campbell Findlay who I was searching for at the start of this forum.

Regards,

suzilad

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 15 December 11 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suzilad,

Excellent - thought there was some sort of a link but didn 't have time to investigate further today. Wouldn't be surprised if there were more Findlay connections in the USA.  8)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline HannahB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 15 December 11 18:29 GMT (UK) »
I live in Tuscaloosa, (Tuscaloosa county) Alabama, which is immediately north of Hale county and just a few miles from Moundville and a few more miles from Greensboro.  If there is anything I can do to help from this end I would be glad to do so though it does seem as if you are doing very well without me!
Btw there are lots of Findley, Findlay, Finley etc. families here and also Mayfields. Some of them may be able to help you also (if we can find the right one.)
Let me know if there is nything I can do (after the holidays.) Happy Christmas!  HB
New York/Ontario: Buchan, Cronmiller/Kronmuller
Sussex: Harman   
Chesham, Bucks: Plested, Dell, Dwight, Sedgewick, Cordery, Rance.
Alabama: Howton, Anderson, Palmer, Massey, Gwin 
Gt. Gaddesden, Herts; Cook
London/ Bristol; Bellamy, Child
Scotland; McLeod, Shannon
British Columbia: McLeod, Simpson

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 15 December 11 21:43 GMT (UK) »

Thank you so very very much Hannah how kind of you to offer your  help. I shall definately be in contact with you after the

holidays .

I have up till now never found any ancestors in Alabama plenty of other places around the world some of whom without the

help of other  Rooters" help and advice I would never have found.

Have "A Very Merry Christmas " and  "A Guid New Year " catch up with you in 2012.

Regards,

suzilad in a very cold ,wet and windy Scotland.  :)

Offline HannahB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 16 December 11 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Great.  I will wait to hear from you....from a wet but (relatively) warm Alabama.  Hannah
New York/Ontario: Buchan, Cronmiller/Kronmuller
Sussex: Harman   
Chesham, Bucks: Plested, Dell, Dwight, Sedgewick, Cordery, Rance.
Alabama: Howton, Anderson, Palmer, Massey, Gwin 
Gt. Gaddesden, Herts; Cook
London/ Bristol; Bellamy, Child
Scotland; McLeod, Shannon
British Columbia: McLeod, Simpson

Offline Lisaw257

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 16 May 21 17:23 BST (UK) »
Hello...I'm writing to clarify the information regarding Carl Peter Leibold (my great uncle). He was born to Anton Leibold and Emma Gottschall Leibold on 18 Apr 1882 in Peru, LaSalle County, Illinois. He married Adaline Lovett Findley in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama on 17 Sep 1916. Carl Peter Leibold died in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama on 22 Jun 1954 and is buried in Elmwood Cemetery in Birmingham, Alabama. He earned his degree in Electrical Engineering from Ohio State University. Thought that this post could use additional information. Feel free to reach out to me.

Daughter Adeline Lovett Findlay born 1885 married Carl Peter Leibold 17 September 1916 Birmingham. Jefferson. Alabama.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQHM-X6D

Carl Peter Leibold. Born 1882 Alabama. Died 22 June 1954 aged 72 years.
father Anton Leibold. Mother Emma Deshler. Wife Adeline Findlay Leibold.

Sandra