Author Topic: Vance Family Harthill  (Read 29683 times)

Offline mosstrooper

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vance Family Harthill
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 December 11 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
The Vance family i am looking for had an ice cream business in Harthill or round about that area around the 1950/60's Andrew Vance was one of the owners

Ree
Sorry, I thought you were looking for information on this family, if you are looking for older records you may have to pay for them.

Offline Cauther Lassie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 December 11 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chesapek,

If you send me a pm with your email address, then I can help with your earlier research into this family, I have quite a bit of information on the family of John Vance and Catherine Hoey (parents of Robert Vance/Elizabeth Peden).   The family came from the villages of Connor and Kells in the parish of Ballymena in County Antrim and first settled in West Calder (where some of them still live today).    Some of them moved to West Benhar.

regards .......
Graham, Dundas, Tweedie, Somerville, Robb, Watson, Gillespie, Main, Stenhouse, Gilmour, Sneddon, McPheat, all Cauther Families.

Offline Chesapek

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your reply I am doing this for my uncle who is John Peden Vance and this is the right family you have the information on which would be great if you can share this with us but I think we need to send 3 posts to each other before we can send a private message if I am wrong let me know and I will send you my email address

Rose Marie

Offline ITBookworm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 December 11 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chesapek

I am pretty sure you will be OK to private message Cauther Lassie  :)

As far as I know the rule is 3 posts to anyone at all and you are both way over that limit.

Good luck.
Dempster, Harvie, Comrie, Adams
O'Neill, Curry, Dunbar, Crichton

Offline Barnbarroch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 03 March 12 09:08 GMT (UK) »
You will find an account of 4 generations of this family on my website; go to http://genealogy.jvans.co.uk/intro.html and search the database. Or see the attached file for a summary.
Regards,
Jamie.

Hi
I am looking for any information on the family Vance from Harthill around the 1900's I know there was a John Peden Vance who married a Jane Stevenson in Shotts in 1902 they had a few children one being Robert who married Hannah Kennedy McKee and Andrew who married Annette Morris ? from Shotts area I think John P Vance mother wes Elizabeth Peden and father was Robert Vance
thks
Ree

Offline Cauther Lassie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 March 12 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I've extracted what I have on this branch of the Vance family to add to your collection on the family name.

regards ....  Meg
Graham, Dundas, Tweedie, Somerville, Robb, Watson, Gillespie, Main, Stenhouse, Gilmour, Sneddon, McPheat, all Cauther Families.

Offline Barnbarroch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 March 12 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much - I'm away for a few days, I'll be in touch when I get back.
Jamie.

Offline Barnbarroch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 March 12 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Dear Meg,

Thanks for pointing me back to your message here. I've been in hospital and lost track of where I was. I've imported your file, merged it with mine and I'm attaching it to this, together with what is, I think, a list of the people I've added to your data. (But I don't guarantee perfection, especially at the moment! I hope you won't find I've turned the whole thing into soup! And bear in mind that many of my sources are secondary and should not necessarily be relied on.)

Are you in contact with any living male Vances from this line? I know some people claim that you can learn nothing worthwhile from DNA testing; I believe, n the contrary, that we are learning a lot from it. You can see the results at http://www.vancegenealogy.com/index.php.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,
Jamie.

Hello,

I've extracted what I have on this branch of the Vance family to add to your collection on the family name.

regards ....  Meg

Offline Barnbarroch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 March 12 19:12 GMT (UK) »
I've had to attach the report of new names separately, for some reason.
Jamie.