Author Topic: Kilmacanogue Cemetery  (Read 26082 times)

Offline JAD81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kilmacanogue Cemetery
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 31 May 14 23:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry for delay, just busy busy this week! Dont know much about Eugene Carroll, I'm trying to find out more about him myself. He was married to Joanne Smith, his daughter Sarah is my line, she was married to William Neill and they lived on Carrigoona Commons/Glencormick but she married my gt gt grandfather,George Doyle in 1881. I cant find him anywhere either if anyone has any ideas? Good luck with your search!
Donnelly,Dublin. Curtis,Dublin. Doyle,Wicklow. Purcell, Offaly. Dwyer,Tipperary. Nolan,Wicklow. McGowan, portlaoise. Buggle, Wicklow/Dublin. Little,Dublin. Carroll, Wicklow. Mulligan,Wicklow.

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 29 September 14 05:57 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I have been searching for the burial place of my Great Great Grandfather Christopher Doyle and I found this link while searching online - http://www.from-ireland.net/kilmacanogue-old-graveyard-records-wicklow/. Christopher was born and raised in Bray and his family were living in Glen of the Dawns, Bray up until the late 1890's and then for reason unknown they moved and he was living in Dublin on Charlemont Street up until 1913, I think he died sometime around 1915. I would be very interested in contacting the person who has the old graveyard records to find if the Christopher listed is the same man as my Great Great Grandfather. Does anyone know who to contact? I have ancestors with Surname Flynn and Byrne also from the Bray area so I have visited the old graveyard before but no matching headstones for any of my ancestors were found. This link is the first evidence I have that a Christopher Doyle is buried in the graveyard I would like to find out more if possible.   

Offline JAD81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 29 September 14 15:25 BST (UK) »
I don't think there are any surviving records from the old graveyard, as far as I know they were destroyed/lost. You can contact parish office Mon, wed or Fri and maybe they'd be able to help.
Donnelly,Dublin. Curtis,Dublin. Doyle,Wicklow. Purcell, Offaly. Dwyer,Tipperary. Nolan,Wicklow. McGowan, portlaoise. Buggle, Wicklow/Dublin. Little,Dublin. Carroll, Wicklow. Mulligan,Wicklow.

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 04 June 16 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,

If there are no records still available then where did all the information on this list come from?

http://www.from-ireland.net/kilmacanogue-old-graveyard-records-wicklow/

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 June 16 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hello,

If there are no records still available then where did all the information on this list come from?

http://www.from-ireland.net/kilmacanogue-old-graveyard-records-wicklow/

Think this might be the best person to ask
http://www.from-ireland.net/contact/

Online athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 05 June 16 08:16 BST (UK) »
not made very clear on that site, but this list appears to be based on headstone transcripts. List of names looks similar to Cantwells work

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 09 June 16 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I have visited both the old and the new cemetery and I could not find a headstone that matches the names of my ancestors. However today I found my Great Great Grandmother's funeral notice in the Irish newspaper archives - see below. Now that I am certain she was buried there on Tuesday February 9th, 1937 - how I can find what plot she is buried in? or even if she is buried in the old or the new graveyard? Its most likely that My Great Great Grandfather Christopher Doyle and lots of other relatives are buried in the plot also - I just need to find the family plot! 

Online athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 09 June 16 22:47 BST (UK) »
as far as I know Cantwell only surveyed the Old Cemetery - a burial in the 1930s was probably in the new cemetery.  A Christoper Doyle is mentioned on his list who died 1827, and at the time Cantwell read the headstone in the 1980s was barely legible

There are transcripts of the headstones for the new cemetery on the Irish Genealogy Projects website