Author Topic: Logan Family  (Read 11179 times)

Offline Calvin Logan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Logan Family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 August 16 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Jan and James,

I realise this post is a few years old so I hope that you are both still active on Roots Chat. My name is Calvin Logan and I descend from Alexander Logan, the brother of Johnstone Logan. I am really interested in these Logans, and would like to get in contact with you both.

Jan, I recently had my grandfather's DNA test done through Ancestry and saw that a J.B. was a genetic match, administered by a Jan Carmody. I am guessing this is you?

I look forward to connecting with you both.

Offline jan carmody

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 August 16 09:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Calvin and James,
I have an interest in the Logan family but it is my husband who is actually related to the Logans!
My husband's 2nd great grandfather was Benjamin Logan, son of John Logan and Mary McNaught. Benjamin was a gold miner in Victoria, Australia after coming out to Australia with his twin brother, James, in 1852.

Calvin, J.B. is actually my daughter...

Cheers,
Jan.

Offline Calvin Logan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 August 16 08:51 BST (UK) »
Great to hear from you Jan,

I am familiar with Benjamin Logan and his story as I am in contact with another of his descendants. Are you, your husband, or daughter on facebook. We have a facebook group called Logan of Black Laggan and Friends where we share information and photos ect. about our various branches of the Logan family tree. We would love to have your input there if you are interested.

Here is a link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1069772556445653/

Offline jan carmody

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 August 16 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again Calvin,
Jacinta and I are already on the Logan FB page. I have posted a photo of Benjamin Logan outside his house circa 1890 and a copy of his gold mining certificate from 1853. The page is such a great idea...

Jan.

Offline Jimng

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, Calvin. It was good to hear from you.

Johnstone Logan, who grew up at Black Laggan, was my great grandmother on my father's side.

Unfortunately, Black Laggan is now a ruin, but I grew up in the village of New Galloway, located about 15kms away, where my family had lived since the early 1800s. I now live in Perth, WA. If you have access to Ancestry, you can look at my family tree.

I have been corresponding with Dawn in Queensland, and she did suggest that I contact you.

I've had a look at your FB page.

Regards.

Jim

Offline Calvin Logan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim,

Great to hear from you. I am in Adelaide. I have been to Perth once before about 15 years ago. I really like it there.

I would be very keen to have a look at your Ancestry tree. Do you have a link? At the moment I am putting together a website to trace the ancestry of that Logan family who lived at Black Laggan, but also to trace their many descendants too who are now spread all around the world. We would love to have your input on the facebook page, and to learn more about your branch. I'd like to add you as a member of the group if you are interested.

Offline Jimng

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 September 16 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, Calvin.

I'm on holiday in Hong Kong and China from today until 28th Sept. I'll contact you when I get back.

Regards.

Jim

Offline Jimng

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 October 16 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, Calvin.

I had a great holiday in China and am now home in Perth.

If you go to http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/77937095, you should have access to my tree.

If you are happy to supply me with your email address - mine is * - I will send you an invitation as a guest, which is what I did for Damnie and is probably easier.

Regards.

Jim

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChar general practice tp prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to echange e-mail addresses.  Thanks