Author Topic: Family Tree Maker 2012 SYNC Disaster.  (Read 23989 times)

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker 2012 SYNC Disaster.
« Reply #72 on: Monday 13 May 13 21:40 BST (UK) »
    I bought FTM 2012 a few days ago and I am waiting on it arriving.      My tree on Ancestry is more or less complete to my satisfaction, and my aim is to send it to FTM 2012, and then burn a CD disk as a permanent record - so that I can then have the disk to leave to a relative in my family as a sort of family heirloom when I die.             ...If I am doing this, do I REALLY have to do the suggested Updates (which I know is the normal thing) when I am importing my tree to FTM 2012?

Will the complete Tree transfer normally to the CD disk if I ignore the suggested updates?   

...I have noticed so many disasters on forums relating to the FTM updates etc that I want to avoid them and cut corners if possible.      All I want is a record of my tree as it is now, with around 700 images of bmd certificates and photos of ancestors.       
Searching for Bap of Edward Worels born 1826 Hollingbourne, Kent

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Judesman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 13 May 13 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi doddsie4.  I am afraid that I don't know anything about  creating a CD from FTM but as this thread is now historic I would be inclined to start a new thread where you are more likely to get some good advice.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 08:37 BST (UK) »
Judesman,
                    Okay, I will begin a new thread.     I hadn't noticed that the last post here was back in February.     
Searching for Bap of Edward Worels born 1826 Hollingbourne, Kent

Offline Maggie.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I haven't a clue about my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 09:19 BST (UK) »
February 2012 actually, but good luck with your thread doddsie4 where I'm sure you will get the correct help.

I think there may be some issues with the copying of media files from ancestry via FTM and onto CD though.

Maggie
Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk