Author Topic: St Michaels Garston Liverpool  (Read 20137 times)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Michaels Garston Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 January 12 18:52 GMT (UK) »
According to www.familysearch.org allen was baptised on 15 april 1798 at Witton Parish Church parents Robert and Elizabeth prophet. You can see the actual image on www.findmypast.co.uk you'll have to buy credits.

Allen married Jane Johnson at Great Budworth on 20 May 1821. This also on Family search. Actual image on find my past. On familsearch you will also find the marriage of Robert to Elizabeth Holford at Davenham in 1785. Again images may be on FindMyPast.

Gibel

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 January 12 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Gibel...whilst looking for the christening of the g grandmother Ann Jane Prophet - I found in 1861 census
John Prophet aged 14 born Garston ,Lancashire - b 1847 ...so Prophet family were here in Garston in 1847.....20 years before I expected
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 January 12 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Hiya....after photographing the 2 headstones yesterday I went for a pint....I was told that The Victoria has been bought and is being transformed into a house ....evidently the owner is a nice man, so I am going to see him and ask him to look out for any artifacts to do with the Prophet family...hopefully the pub will have a huge attic and if we`re lucky , something might be found up there....fingers crossed.
allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Rammy Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 January 12 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan
Many thanks again for the photos - I probably spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get my head around the information that I have gleaned and link it into that which I already have. I'm still a long way off.
There are names on the headstone that must come down from Allen Prophets father ( my GGG grandfather) side that I wasn't aware of.
Certainly good news that the Victoria isn't to be demolished and I have a picture with my G Grandfather in the doorway. (from about 1885 I think).
Most of the Census show it as 1 Sinclair Street rather than King Street.
Thanks again for your efforts
Jack

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 January 12 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jack....a door in King St and a door in Sinclair St, but the door in Sinclair St also had the stairs that led to the private accomodation upstairs ,which I presume would be the Lanlords address....so I would think logically that Sinclair Street was the official address....allan
ps...did you notice on my previous thread I found John Prophet b Garston 1847 in the 1861 census...was he one of Allans children ?....btw on most records he is given as Allan , not Allen ....same as my spelling ...it`s Welsh for Harmony - and also way out ...makes you wonder ...lol
allan ???

Offline Rammy Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 07 January 12 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan

Yes Allen or Allan - he seemed to change his name for every census.

I'm struggling  a bit with John Prophet born 1876 died 1955 aged 79. The latest census in 1911 shows him with 3 children  but the record says 5 children of which 4 are still living.  On the message Mo posted, he quotes an infant death that would fit ie John Prophet age 22 months  in 1906. I wonder where the missing child may be.

I can't find any trace of the Mary Ann that you quoted in 1881 in either births or deaths. ie Ann Jane's possible twin that died early.

Jack

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 07 January 12 12:58 GMT (UK) »
www.familysearch.org
mary prophet
birth
garston,lancashire
1880 to 1882
search
Mary Ann Phrophet comes up as a result and St Michaels is the church given
allan :)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 07 January 12 13:04 GMT (UK) »
I can't see John Prophet  born 1847 in the 1861 census but I can see a Robert born 1847 in Gartson with his parents James and Elizabeth in Gartson. So Robert is Allen's grandson.

It looks as if James (Allen's son) may have arrived first. His occupation is given as salt boiler in 1861. I'm struggling to find them in 1851. Allen, allen's son is also in garston in 1861 with his wife Jane.

Gibel

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 07 January 12 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Found them in 1851 as PROFFIT at the salt works Garston
James Proffit 21 salt boiler bn Northwich
Elizabeth his wife 19 bn Warrington
Robert son 5 bn Garston
Elizabeth son 3 bn Garston