Author Topic: Old photo stuck on glass  (Read 12555 times)

Offline Flynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Old photo stuck on glass
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 May 05 23:56 BST (UK) »
I think I can scan it. The glass should fit onto my scanner. I wonder though, will the glass end up reflecting the light as it is being scanned?
Godfrey-Co. Kerry, Ireland and Kent; Flynn, Clifford, O'Sullivan, & Slattery-Milltown, Co. Kerry, Ireland

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 May 05 00:00 BST (UK) »
There's only one way to find out. :D
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Flynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 May 05 00:06 BST (UK) »
I'll let you all know how I get on when I get the chance to get scanning (unfortunately, my scanner isn't connected to this computer).
Godfrey-Co. Kerry, Ireland and Kent; Flynn, Clifford, O'Sullivan, & Slattery-Milltown, Co. Kerry, Ireland

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 May 05 00:08 BST (UK) »
Well I just did a little experiment. Mine worked with the frame. It should work better without a frame.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Flynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 May 05 00:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks! It's great to have so many helpful and interested people to hand.

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 May 05 00:27 BST (UK) »
You've peaked our curiosty now. We will all be waiting to see how it works out. Maybe you could post your photo if it needs a bit of touching up.

Offline Flynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 May 05 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hopefully, the photo won't need any touching up. I will, however, post the scan with glass and (if it works) scan without glass. I promise to fully document what I do to the photo and be completely honest with the results (even if it turns out disastrously).

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 23 May 05 01:08 BST (UK) »
Flynn

What happened with the photo? Have you done it yet?

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Flynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 23 May 05 22:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry that I haven't got around to posting the results. I tried last weekend but I had some difficulty uploading the files onto this site. I need to rescan the finished product for posting here. However, let me tell you now how I got on: it was basically a success. Thank you all for your advice. I promise to get around to posting the scanned photo. Really.