Author Topic: Fee family Coragh Cloverhill  (Read 22044 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fee family Coragh Cloverhill
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 January 12 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline norh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 January 12 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Hugh was said to have gone to Glasgow. Link to Scotland below:-

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=574677.new#new

Offline norh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
I have been told Patrick Fee was born Ballinamore Leitrim 3rd July 1923 & death Dublin 1999. I joined an ancestry site but cant find his birth. The closest I found was John Patrick Fee in Bawnboy 1927. (No idea if this is him - but don`t think so.)

Patrick's parents are Laurence Fee & Rose Duffy. I found a marriage date for Laurence Fee in Bawnboy 1915. It did not give spouse name but I found a marriage date for Rose Duffy separately also 1915 in Bawnboy so assumed this is their marriage.
Attempts to find Patrick & his siblings - Michael, Mary Kate, John, Peter (born 1921) Patrick (1923) & Bridie has been a guessing game because parents names are not on the birth records.
Any suggestions?
Noreen

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry has a copy of the Irish BMD Index only - you need to order the research certs to see the full details for births, marriages or deaths. The BMD Index is available free on the FamilySearch website.

The important point about the BMD Index entries for Laurence and Rose is that the reference details are the same - which means they are listed on the same page of the register, and could therefore have married each other. Note Bawnboy is the registration district and included the towns of Ballinamore, Ballyconnell, Bawboy etc plus over 450 townlands in the area

name: Laurence Fee
  registration district: Bawnboy
  event type: Marriage
  quarter and year: Jan - Mar 1915
  volume : 3 / page :   34

name: Rose Duffy
  [same references as Laurence]

You can use these details to order a research cert by post from the GRO. This will show the full record.

see :
 Introduction to Irish Records

Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

Details included on a Birth Cert
 Details included on a Marriage Cert

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Newspaper:    Leitrim Advertiser
Newspaper Content:    Above Missing, information on his whereabouts to be sent to Myles D'arcy
Date:    25 September 1890
Newspaper Subject:    FEE HUGH AGED ELEVEN

================================================

Newspaper:    Leitrim Advertiser
Newspaper Content:    Above family no longer live in Cloone area. Mentioned in a letter from J. J. Quinn Re: the proposed Closure of Cloone Graveyard
Date:    06 June 1889
Newspaper Subject:    FEE FAMILY DRUMDARKIN CLOONE

============================================================

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline norh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Shanew147 and Hallmark. Learning is a lifelong process :)
Noreen

Offline norh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 January 12 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,
I have now found marriage for Patrick Fee to Margaret Moran in Philadelphia 1898. I found them in 1910, and in 1920 Census they had 7 children. John 1901, Edward 1903, Lawrence 1905, William 1907, Margaret, 1909, Catherine 1911 and Francis 1913. In 1930 Census John and Catherine have left the house. Catherine has become a Nun in Villa Maria Convent West Chester. I don't know where John went and cannot find anymore information at the moment. I suspect some of the boys will have went to war. Where should I search next to find out if any descendants of this family are still alive?
Noreen

Offline norh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 January 12 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks,
I mistakenly put the above post on the Leitrim board. It is now posted on the US board.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,574655.msg4269386.html#msg4269386

Noreen

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 31 August 13 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    Just been researching distant connection to Fee family in Curraghnawall, Ballinamore, Leitrim, Ireland and think they might be related, later 1901 & 1911 for one of the family names place Cloverhill.

I have found:

Laurence Fee Married Margaret Fox ( McShanaghey or similar on some children's births) 4th of August 1853 at Outeragh Roman Catholic, Co. Leitrim (as stated on church record of marriage.)

Children found and confirmed for this couple in Ballinamore, ( Curraghnawall but Cornawall on church birth/baptism record.)

Patrick baptised, 7th October, 1854, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim.

Michael baptised, 14th September 1856, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim. Married Frances (Fanny) MacLoughlin, 12th May 1895 in Drumreilly Lower Roman Catholic, Leitrim. 3 children, Laurence, 1896, Kate Teresa, 1897 and Mary Ann, 1900, all can be found on 1901 & 1911 Census's.

Peter baptised, 4th December 1858, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim.

John baptised, 1st of January 1861, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim.

James baptised, 1st April 1863, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim. (My connection.) Married Mary Ann Quin in St. Patrick's Chapel, Anderston, Glasgow, 15th of July 1892. 1901 Census Transcript, St. Mark, Lanarkshire. Children: John Abt. 1893, Glasgow. Maggie, Abt. 1895, Glasgow.

Anne, Irish Birth Index on Ancestry, born 23rd April 1865, Ballinamore, Leitrim, FHL Film Number, 101107.

Bridget, Irish Birth Index on Ancestry, born 29th of August 1867, Ballinamore, Leitrim, FHL Film Number, 101152. Mother noted as Margaret Mc Shanaghy here.

Margaret baptised, 2nd of January 1870, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim.

Laurence, Irish Birth Index on Ancestry,  born 2nd of July 1872, Ballnamore, Leitrim. FHL Film Number, 255858.

Hugh baptised,  1st Jan? born 18th of November 1874, Curraghnawal, Ballinamore Civil Registration District, Co. Leitrim. Mother noted as Margaret MacShanaghy. Note on record, D see 153.

Francis, Irish Birth Index on Ancestry, born 5th of August 1877, Curraghnawal, Leitrim. FHL Film Number, 255989. Mother noted as Margaret McShannassy Fee. Married Susan Murray, 12th of July 1901, St. Anthoney's Chapel, Govan, Lanarkshire, mother noted as Margaret Fox.

Bernard baptised, 4th of August 1877, Cornawall, Outeragh, Leitrim.

All that I've found on the family today so far. All of the family are of the Roman Catholic faith.

Any help in linking the family to other Fee families in the area would be great and I'd love to get one generation further back. Family names are quite similar in the district of Ballinamore.

The birth/baptism and marriage records can be seen on my Ancestry public tree via family connect for any of the above, dunmac96.

Regards,
                                                           Duncan MacDonald.
McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:
Aberdeenshire: Morayshire: Ireland: Netherlands.