Author Topic: John McCabe born Painstown Co. Kildare 1836  (Read 5455 times)

Offline RichB1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John McCabe born Painstown Co. Kildare 1836
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neil

Just has a thought.  If that John McCabe and Mary Donaher are not the parents of John McCabe (jnr - the one who married Anne Clinton) then they might be the parents of the John McCabe who is married to an Anne and who are registered as living in Co. Kildare in the 1901 census.  I'd originally clocked them and thought they were Thomas's parents but the John in that census is 44 year's old (and Thomas would have been about 37 in 1901 so as soon as I knew Thomas's birth date I ruled them out).  So just a weird co-incidence that there's another John and Anne McCabe in Kildare.  I've tried to attach that census return as a word doc and as a pdf but it's refusing to send either).  But it shows John (44), Anne (40) and 7 kids from a Patrick to a Christy

Cheers

Rich

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 18:00 GMT (UK) »
You are only allowed to post a small portion of the census for deciphering purposes but you can include the link to the appropriate page in your reply.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline neilt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 November 16 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rich
Firstly let me say it's good to finally have contact with a fellow searcher who has a family connection. I have completed my family tree back to 1650 on all fronts but the McCabe's. I have a lot of info I can share with you collected over the years, photos of Thomas too. John and Anne's parents are when the story really got sketchy.
I had an Irish genealogist look into John McCabe and Anne Clinton, we found their marriage
In Rathcoffey, Clane,like you said. He was living in Castlebrown at the time and was a farm labourer, she signed with an X.
 In case there's problems with attachments, maybe best to communicate directly on email my address is (*). Spelt to avoid detection.
BTW
Thomas is also my great grandfather, so that makes me your wife's cousins! I'm guessing that the name Barnard comes into to wife's family tree?
My mother, who is  now 95, is [Moderator edit: name of living person redacted to protect personal privacy], (Maggie McCabes daughter) she use to hangout with Theresa and Keith Barnard before the war, I think my Dad's band may have played at the Downs Hotel in Babbecombe in 1938. Ring any bells?
Plenty to share I think Rich. Drop me an email and I'll dust off a few folders to remind myself where I got up to with our shared ancestors.
Cheers
Neil

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 November 16 00:36 GMT (UK) »
You need to use the PM system to exchange email address etc.
Just click on the little black circle with the page icon or on the name of the person you want to contact.

Offline RichB1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 November 16 08:40 GMT (UK) »
HI Neil

Great! (and thanks to Sinann and the moderator for info)

This will be my third post so once I've pressed post on it I'll try to send you a PM. Many bells a ringin'!

All best

Rich