Author Topic: Ducie  (Read 11046 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ducie
« Reply #72 on: Monday 02 March 20 13:59 GMT (UK) »
roly
I think Hallmark was just reminding us of the importance of double checking original records rather than accepting information.
Always remembering even original documents can have errors!
If my grand aunt's original marriage record was to be believed she married her brother-in-law who was the best man!
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 02 March 20 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Lucky she!

No problem with accepting advice and the rest here.  Thanks for your concern.

Through Rootschat I now have much more than an outline; have found a cousin (she me, actually) and have been able to give infos. to my half-sister here in France.  She, incidentally, with her very first use of a computer, replied to my original request through Rootschat.

It's been a big step in family history.

Best,

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 03 March 20 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Not really - she believed she had become widowed! Ordered her marriage certificate that she required to apply for a widow's pension but according to the certificate she was married as the brother in law was still alive! A couple of affidavits later from persons of "full knowledge of the event" etc......

best of everything with your searches
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder