Author Topic: Ducie  (Read 10990 times)

Offline BRIGHID

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ducie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 12 19:40 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat :)

Once you've made three posts you can contact roly by PM (Personal Message) to exchange email addresses, recent family details, etc. which are not allowed to be posted online.

thanks very much Aghadowey, for information  ;  I do not use internet very well :sorry ;how can i find the adresse of ROLY? i wonder who is searching my mother , dead in 2005 .
Regards.
eleanor teresa DUCIE

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 12 19:44 BST (UK) »
Make one more post and you will see a green paper under roly's name. Click on it and you can send him/her a personal message.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 16:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks to Roostchat, Brighid Ducie and I met here in France where we both live.  Brighid is the daughter of Eleanor Teresa Ducie - yes: the census entry is the one - born 1919, Carlow. 

However, in trying to trace family, the pair of us are stuck again.  We know that Eleanor Teresa's brother, Peter, died in an accident on a building site.  We have no details except that there is a record of the death of a Peter Ducie in 1964.  We know that Eleanor Teres'a father's name was Michael - but here more uncertainty arises.  Which Michael Ducie?  We don't have a birth date.  We also know that Michael married twice: but to whom and when?

My guess (looking at a few records that I've managed to unearth) is Michael F. Ducie.  Other than that...

Others of the family emigrated - Michael's brother, James, for example.  We don't know how many other brothers or sisters of Michael there were.

Can anyone help?

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 12:00 BST (UK) »
heres a possible marriage on Family Search.org
Michael Ducie
Jan March 1917 Carlow,Ireland.
vol 3 page 314
there are usually 4 matches on each page but i only found 3 with the same vol and page number,
Mary Anne Lalor,Brigid Moore and Clare McDonald.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 12:59 BST (UK) »
Dathai,

Just found out today that Michael Ducie married a Brigid Moore (I was informed - O'Moore).  Does this correspond to the 1917 marriage that you found?

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 13:19 BST (UK) »
yes Brigid Moore is listed among the possible spouses above for 1917.
edit it is common for the O to be added or dropped in Irish surnames.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 13:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Daithi.  I did try FamilySearch but 'it' claimed that no records for Michael Ducie existed.  Mind - I'm dozy with technology and may have done something silly...although, in fairness, I tried variants.

You wouldnt happen to know if Michael had brothers?  I thought that there was one, James, who emigrated to the States and possibly another, Dennis, who lived in the UK; but my sources are rather vague in attribution.

roly

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 14:05 BST (UK) »
There is a Michael DUCIE on the 1901 census aged 13 in Carlow
There is a good possibility, with an unusual name, that this is your Michael, especially when his Mother’s name is Teresa which links to Eleanor Teresa

By 1911, the mother has died and the father is living with four children, including a son Peter which also ties into family names on the 1911 census

Living on the same road, 48 Bridewell Road, Carlow in 1911 was a Bridget MOORE aged 20 which would tie for a 1917 marriage
1901 record

There is a death in 1924 of Brigid DUCIE in Carlow
Investment in few certificates could give proof to some of these assumptions!

EDIT
just to say there is no obvious second marriage after the 1924 death
as Michael is not listed in Carlow at 1911 his marriage cert from 1917 could confirm
(1) if he was a widower - first marriage before that to Brigid
(2)  an occupation or information as to where he was in 1911

PPS!
Marriage Reference
I am finding familysearch.org hit and miss at the moment when searching
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 14:27 BST (UK) »
Results for Duceys born in Carlow from 1880 to 1900
which tie with family on census

Possible marriage of Thomas DUCEY
although spouse options are Ellen Neil or Martha Slater which does not tie in with Teresa in 1901
She may have been a second wife!
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder