Author Topic: Welsby family of Chester  (Read 17963 times)

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
Re: Welsby family of Chester
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 23:52 GMT (UK) »
The link does work.   go to the left of the page, and click on the binoculars, and put in Welsby.   
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline HUmfrey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 02 April 12 15:09 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me confirm my research.
Henry Welsby  married to Mary leech in 1809.
Iam trying to find his parents, I think they maybe John Welsby and Ellen Dobson married in1764 she was from Winwick. They had 8 children.

Humfrey

Offline EvanH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Humfrey,
I'm Diana's kid. I found your thread while searching for information on her brothers, Humfrey (your father) and Oliver. I knew your grandfather and mine, T.H. Welsby, slightly when I was young -- after growing up without him in her life, Diana was able to get in touch with him circa 1958 or 1960 after coming across his name in the phone book (!). He lived well past 1960 -- I can't remember exactly when he died, but I remember his moving from Menlo Park to the San Diego area circa 1968, and he lived well into the '70's. (I have to confess I wasn't too fond of him -- he was a controlling type, and ended up disinheriting my mother when she -- well into her sixties -- refused to go along with what he thought was proper behavior.) Our grandmother, Winifred, lived near us in California while I was growing up, but I don't think there was ever any contact between the two of them at that stage.

Diana died in 2002. She would never talk about her brothers, for some reason. I'd be grateful for any information you can give me about them. I know they were both in the military during WWII, and that they both died in 1954, but I know nothing about how it was that they both died so young.  I do have some pictures of them as children and young adults which I'd be happy to scan and send you if you like.

I was sorry to hear that Peter passed away; I did meet him when I was 11 or so, and remember him as a happy kid. Did we meet then, as well?

Offline HUmfrey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 27 November 13 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello EvanH, we have met you came to Devon, you would have been about 13? We both have a love of horses. I never met grandfather  TH but do have one photo, I discovered the name of the lady he ran off to the USA with. I remember Winifred she used to send me wonderful books  for my birthday which have now been passed to my three grandchildren. I have very fond memories of your father, i still have the birthday cards he made for me. Diana came to England a few times, you are right she told me nothing and my mother was the same.

My father was killed in farming accident  in 1954. I was told that Oliver's death was war related, perhaps post traumatic stress. They are buried next to each other in sussex, A very beautiful and peaceful church. 

I have done a Welsby family tree back to 1573. The Humfrey family is very interesting as is the other family name Glegge.

I would love some photos. I think we can exchange our email addresses through Roots if you would like to.         
                Regards Humfrey.

Offline EvanH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 27 November 13 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I was the horsey one. I remember visiting Devon at 12 or so, and another holiday, when I was 15ish, when you joined us for trip -- Greece? Italy? I'm sure if I dug around Oleg's slide collection, I could find photos...

Gosh, first cousins. How nice to be back in touch, especially when neither of us has much in the way of bio-family. Let's exchange email addresses -- I think I need one more post here for us to be able to PM each other.

Offline EvanH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 27 November 13 19:32 GMT (UK) »
This should do it, I think.  ;D

Offline BGlegge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 17 May 14 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hello EvanH, Humfrey and others,

My late uncle always spoke highly of Diana, his second cousin, whom he met several times in the U.S. or England or both, probably before or shortly after the Second War. Sharing a common ancestor with Diana and her mother Winifred makes me their 2d cousin once removed and 1st cousin twice removed, respectively (I believe!). I have quite a bit of info on the Glegge and Thomas connections but not much on the Welsby family. Would be happy to share data, pictures. Seems that Thomas Humfrey Welsby had quite a colourful life! (I have a copy of his Naval records, 4 pages pdf, and a few other items)

All best,
BGlegge
Glegg(e)

Offline HUmfrey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 19 May 14 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hello B Glegge, I would be very interested in all the information on the Glegge and Thomas families .i have researched the Welsby family back to 1573 and would be happy to let you have copies of all I have. I am very interested in my grandfather T H Welsby, as I never knew him.
 I am not home in the UK ay present back in about three weeks. Perhaps you would like to exchange email addresses through Roots.
 Do keep in touch.

Regards Humfrey

Offline BGlegge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 31 May 14 08:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Humfrey
Sorry for delay to your reply. I am new to RootsChat and have a little difficulty navigating. Would be happy to exchange email addresses if you could let me know how. Many thanks.
BGlegge
Glegg(e)