Author Topic: Droylsden cemetery manchester  (Read 4405 times)

Offline shejos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Droylsden cemetery manchester
« on: Friday 13 January 12 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if there is an online plan of this cemetery.  Have a grave number but don't know the area or lay out of the cemetery.  Many thanks

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Droylsden cemetery manchester
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 January 12 15:16 GMT (UK) »
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline shejos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 January 12 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, this does give a map of cemetery location but not where to find specific plots e.g. section A and section B. 
I was hoping to have some idea of where in the cemetery to start looking as I am not local and will have limited time for a visit.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 January 12 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Try contacting the local Tameside council. It's one of their cemeteries so they ought to have a layout somewhere.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline missmolly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 January 12 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Try ringing Dukinfield Cemetery on 0161 330 1901 and ask if the have plans of Droylsden

Mo
Harrison,  Lancs
Phillips, Bucks/Chesh
Holgate, Lancs/Chesh
Etchells, Chesh/Lancs
Schneider, India

Offline 04121805

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 January 12 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I will be visiting Droylsden cemetery within the next month if you let me know the grave number I will try to find it for you and e mail you a photo. I have only been once before there is no map but it isnt very big and fairly easy to find your way round. Many of the grave are in a poor state of repair though so dont get your hopes up. 

Offline SALG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 March 12 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi  I too am  planning to visit in the near future as I have just found a record of an uncle buried there (died as a baby) I beleive there may be other family members there. Was wondering how you got on?

Offline 04121805

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 March 12 19:24 GMT (UK) »
The cemetery is very run down in parts and I could not find a plan anywhere. It's easy enough to work out where the various sections are though. The numbering is a little more errantic. You cannot go into the cemetery in your car so will need to park near the entrance on Manor Road.