Author Topic: Llanelly  (Read 3136 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llanelly
« on: Saturday 14 January 12 08:16 GMT (UK) »
As it spans Carmarthenshire and Glamorgan-which one would I post and enquire on for the
name of Athur Frederick Warrington who married Ellen K Callow in Somerset  in 1909.
Two sons born in Llanelly 1) Albert AF Dec 1910 and 2)Charles R Sept 1913 and believe thru BMD that possibly married June 1938 name of Rodenby in the district of Hendon.(London area)??
My querie is: would there be any records of the Warrington's from this family still in Llanelly, I
would like to verify Ellen's father being James Callow Married Mar 1915 to Kate Diment born 1880 in Islington.
Could you point me in the correct direction and am I doing this in the right way?
I do not have Ancestry and rely on free sites and good hearted people for help.  Would love to hear from you.    I live London, Ontario Canada--Janet
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llanelly
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 January 12 11:27 GMT (UK) »
??
Hello Arthur Frederick Warrington married Ellen Diment June quarter 1909 Bridgewater Somerset 5c 625

Gowerton 
Arthur Frederick Warrington was born 1886 brighton Sussex
Ellen born Swansea
Arthur Frederick Albert son age 5 months born Swansea Glamorgan

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 January 12 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Ellen Diment born dec quarter 1886 Swansea Glamorgan 11a  796

1891 RG/12/1887 folio 18 page 11 Chilton upon Polden Somerset reg district Bridgewater
Cock Hill

Albert Diment age 33 Peat Dealer born Cossington Somerset
Mary J wife age 33 Edington Somerset
Walter son age 13 Chilton Polden Somerset
William son age 10 Swansea Glamorgan
Beatrice dau age 8 Swansea
Florence age 6 Swansea
Ellen dau age 4 Swansea
Sarah A dau age 3 rest born Chilton Polden
Ernest son age 2
Alice dau age 9 months

1901 Rg13/2286 folio 118 page 10 Chilton on Polden with Edington St George

Cock Hill

Albert Diament age 40 Turf Dealer Cossington
Mary wife age 42 Edington
William son age 19 Soldier born Swansea
Beatrice dau age 19 Swansea
Ellen dau age 15 swansea
Sarah dau age 13 Chilton Polden
Ethel dau age 8 Chilton Polden
Kate dau age 7 Edington
Leah dau age 5 Edington
Bessie dau age 2 Edington
William Abbott visitor age 15 Swansea

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 January 12 21:05 GMT (UK) »
it was the registration district of Llanelly that spanned the 2 counties, not the place itself.

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/llanelly.html

Llanelly (old spelling)/ Llanelli (present spelling) is in Carmarthenshire. Where the records are now would depend where the bmds took place. The birth registration of a child born in Gowerton at that time would now be held in Swansea as that is the registration district that now covers Gowerton.

From down-under's post, you can see that the Ellen who married Arthur Warrington had the surname Diment, not Callow. The  marriage was registered at Bridgwater, so in any of these parishes.

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/bridgwater.html

The births of the children also confirm her maiden name as Diment. There is alos a daughter registered march qtr 1924. I won't give her name as she may still be alive. You can check the index on FreeBmd

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

To confirm her father, you should get a copy of the marriage cert which you can order online from the GRO. Members of the public do not have access to the registers kept by registrars. There is access to the parish registers, but you need to know the place of worship where the marriage took place. If it was a registry office marriage, there is no parish record. So easier to get from the GRO.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Birth reg for Ellen

Ellen Diment  sept qtr 1886 Swansea vol 11a pg 796

;)
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb