Author Topic: A Wiltshire Vicar of South Wraxall 1926.  (Read 2576 times)

Offline aginger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
A Wiltshire Vicar of South Wraxall 1926.
« on: Saturday 14 January 12 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Having bought two Photo albumns recently at a boot sale,I would like to find the family if any exist still in the area..
Inscription on page;- Daisy E Alexander,South Wraxall Vicarage, from Leslie L Saunders, 69 photo,s in all, starting with Daphne E Alexander aged 3 Months,right up until she was an adult
The father of Daphne looks like the Vicar of Wraxall, a, Julian Alexander and also written is, Ide Abbotts Vicarage, Taunton.
In all there are such a variation of persons and places around Wraxall,including the W.I.ladies,Roland Willie and Stanley Pill,John Povey[an old man]and an empty Telegram envelope to W. Saunders, Calne,many photo,s of a "Margaret" in India.and a rear view of" Violet Hilton" and "Leslie", in a donkey cart,majority of photo,s are captioned.
I will pass the lot on to Wilts Record Office if there is not any family around.
Any F.H. detectives here ?
Williams,Lloyd Williams[N  Wales]
Hughes, Painter ,Giles,Heath,Bourton,Sansum,Legg,[Wilts]
 Giles, Gilles, Gyles, [Glos/Oxon]

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: A Wiltshire Vicar of South Wraxall 1926.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 January 12 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Julian Frederick Alexander was b 1877 and there is no marriage shown on freebmd

He appears to be unmarried in 1911
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 January 12 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Just found a marriage in 1922 in Gloucs between a Julian F Alexander and Daisy E Saunders.  It looks as though Daisy was the mother of Daphne

Any children may still be living so details cannot be posted here so you need to search freebmd for Alexander births with mmn Saunders
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 January 12 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Julian died in 1953 in Wiltshire

Daisy was b 1898 and died 1961 Wiltshire

Offline pinetree4

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 21:21 BST (UK) »
I have a distant connection to Julian Frederick Alexander who is my 3rd cousin twice removed. Julian is the son of George Edward Alexander and Charlotte M. Rowe.  He had several siblings, Charlotte D., Alfred Montague, Edward Duncan, Catherine Isabel, Alice Mabel, Ralph Charles and Ethel Maud.  If you still have the photo album, would you be able to post a photo of Julian Alexander and Daisy Saunders?  I would love to have a copy.  I have not been able to locate a marriage record for their daughter who could still be living.  Nor have I been able to find a record of any other children.  Many thanks.