Author Topic: Jones & Boswell Connection  (Read 5534 times)

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones & Boswell Connection
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 January 12 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Baptised same day as Samuel Jones

Elijah JONES son of John & Elizabeth JONES bp 09/09/1827

Baptism
All Heathfield Sussex parents declared as Samuel & Sarah JONES
08/01/1860 Elizabeth
12/12/181862 Sarah
14/05/1865 Eleanor
01/03/1868 John
03/01/1869 William
04/12/1870 Sarah Ann

Marriage
Crowhurst Sussex
07/019/1871
Samuel JONES b 1849 s/o Samuel
Sarah BRAYZIL b 1848 d/o William BRAYZIL

All from familysearch.org
Would suggest you obtain copy of the netry's either from the local Sussex Record Office or from the familysearch centre near to you where you can order the films of the Parish Records and search them your self. look on the tool bar on the opening page of the sitew. Having references such as these are as inportant as the census information. There may have been children born who died between the 10 year census period!

Offline Romany Knaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 January 12 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Elzabels for your info I have no Access so I use LDS 1&2 various other free sites and great sites like this then try to put 2 & 2 together not always with luck.I had Elijah in my bits & bobs and believe a daughter married a Debroah "Daniel"Carter as for the Thompsett I found on the 1901 a Selina married to a William Thompsett in Sussex her birth given as 1862 Maidstone Kent un sure if it is the same Selina married to Obed on the 1911 Census and back to my Original Question of the Jones/Boswell connection I believe it may be Genty Jones daughter of Sam Jones who married Fanny Lee and that it was a John Boswell,they married 1924 at Bromley,Kent.thank you again for your info it is very much welcomed.
ESSEX, KENT, LONDON, SUFFOLK, SUSSEX.
Bachelor, Baker, Beeny, Boswell, Brazil, Burgess, Carter, Clements, Cooper, Cornelius, Collins, Day, Dobson, Eastwood, Ellis, Farr, Fairbeard, Harris, Holland/s, Jenkins, Jones, Kennett, K/nave/s, Lyon, Lee, Penfold, Ransley, Robert/s, Reeve/s, Smith, Stone, Thompsett, Tomsit, Wood/s.

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 January 12 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Have you thought of joining the Romany gypsy sites?

Baptisms & Christenings:

Jones Gentillia17 Mar 1912 H T Milton Gravesend
Jones James 30 Jul 1916 Ash next Ridley
Jones Julia 12 Oct 1913 H T Milton Gravesend

Children of Obed & Phoebe

Offline Wendy Stephens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 March 19 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Elzabels for your info I have no Access so I use LDS 1&2 various other free sites and great sites like this then try to put 2 & 2 together not always with luck.I had Elijah in my bits & bobs and believe a daughter married a Debroah "Daniel"Carter as for the Thompsett I found on the 1901 a Selina married to a William Thompsett in Sussex her birth given as 1862 Maidstone Kent un sure if it is the same Selina married to Obed on the 1911 Census and back to my Original Question of the Jones/Boswell connection I believe it may be Genty Jones daughter of Sam Jones who married Fanny Lee and that it was a John Boswell,they married 1924 at Bromley,Kent.thank you again for your info it is very much welcomed.