Author Topic: William Jordan, Davidstown  (Read 3943 times)

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Jordan, Davidstown
« on: Monday 16 January 12 02:09 GMT (UK) »
My Gt Grandfather Michael Jordan approx 1842 was living at Davidstown Wicklow in 1864 when he joined the Dublin Metropolitan police. His father was William described as Farmer on his marriage cert. I cannot find any connections or relatives have been to Davidstown and visited local graveyards etc.
McGuirk, Jordan of Wicklow
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: William Jordan, Davidstown
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 January 12 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Do you know what denomination your Jordan family were ?

The civil parish for Davidstown is Donaghmore and I think the place of birth is usually mentioned on DMP records as Civil parish. Does this show Donaghmore for William ?

It looks like the RC parish would be Dunlavin. Baptism records go back to 1815, marriages to 1831 (but faded) and are on NLI Film Pos. 6484

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Jordan, Davidstown
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 January 12 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you v much for this lead. They were R.C. I didnt get William's birth cert yet ( looking in the wrong place) just have his name from Michael's marriage cert in 1875 and got the location of Davidstown from the DMP records.
I looked at Donaghmore from Griffiths valuation but nothing for Jordans, Will check Dunlavin for births and marriages- I'd love to find other siblings.
Miracle that I have found so much grandfather and brother were reared as orphens in DunLaoghaire lived in Liverpool married rtd to Blackrock in 1905 and only history we knew was his father was a policeman!

Patricia
McGuirk, Jordan of Wicklow
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock