Author Topic: MULLAN or MULLANE/DUVAL  (Read 18727 times)

Offline Emilysmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MULLAN or MULLANE/DUVAL
« Reply #45 on: Monday 13 March 17 08:28 GMT (UK) »
HI I am a direct ancestor too, is there any chance you could send me a photo of the heirloom please

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 13 March 17 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anita and Emilysmum,

Welcome to rootschat  :)

Bozzo2 has been online recently so she will be along soon.

Anita should receive notification of a reply so hopefully she will be along soon too.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline SpudNQ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 10:56 BST (UK) »
In the spirit of being fashionably late (Couple of years by the looks of the last entry) I thought I’d take a chance and place a post.

I’m a direct descendant of James Duval and Mary Quinn. I have been absolutely blown away by the info in these posts! It seems poor James Junior was destined for a life of poverty as he lived very poorly with his large family for most of their lives.

I’m happy to share any info family members may be interested in that I have-which isn’t much-and would love any old photos or info that may be held by family as well.

Take care all-hope someone reads this after all these years!!

Offline Emilysmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 09 May 19 11:09 BST (UK) »
Anita 77a, my mum is a Duval and she said that there was Mauritius in the family haven't heard of Tahitian at all, she said her great great grandmother came from there not sure if its true or not.
Hello Spud NQ, I am just gathering i don't have a lot certainly not as much as the ladies on here have gathered, im just a beginner but im a direct descendant.

Offline Toniaus

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 14 March 24 00:36 GMT (UK) »
Informative and interesting reading on the background of these two.
I am also a direct descendant of James and Margaret with James Duval and Mary Duval (nee Quinn) the line of descendancy.
I am struggling to confirm some details about James Duval.  I have found he was born in 1797 in Brest, France and came to Sydney on the Lady Kennaway, not as a convict and not seemingly registered on the ship as an immigrant or a crew member.  He was a runaway seaman at some stage and it is said he may have been on the 1838 and/or the 1841 Lady Kennaway voyage and may have actually made a return trip.
No leads whatsover as to his parents in France, I guess.
Another birth year has been mentioned (1811) but it doesn't seem to fit the circumstances of this James Duval. 
Wondering if anyone has any relevant comments.