Author Topic: Bapt Look Up DAVY, SYLEHAM  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Old Moon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bapt Look Up DAVY, SYLEHAM
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 January 12 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Oh Annette!! - perfect.

...and thanks to you very much also Keziah.  Big help.

Thank-you ever so much.  I saw this thread begin and never thought I would get such a breakthrough.

This was one of my deadends!!

Thanks again,

Gail.

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 January 12 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Dear Kezia,
I am so glad a started this thread and like Old Moon, i never thought it would expand so much so many many thanks for your information, have MS so would never have come across all this.
Could i ask Old Moon did William Davy marry in Suffolk before moving to East Yorkshire?
I also noted that Rebecca Lawrence was a Chilver, so i will now have to do some research into her as my great grandmother came from Thorpe Abbotts on the Norfolk Border and one of here family also married into the Chilver family, i believe, small world isn't it?
Phil.
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline Old Moon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 January 12 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil,

I am in Australia so I am fairly dependent on what I can find online.  I did not know William's marriage until you posted it.

However, father Thomas' family I have found quite a bit.  It is a convoluted puzzle of a family and I am happy to share what I have found.  Wickham Skeith register has been transcribed and is online.  You may want the fun of working it out yourself.  If so I would love to compare notes afterwards.  Otherwise I will pm you and give you my email address and send you what I have straight away.  (That goes for anyone else who has this interest.)

Either way I would love to exchange.  I find it very satisfying to compare research.

Yes, now we have the Chilvers to sort out.  You solve one puzzle and another presents itself.

I have the most fun when I can find a parish register in its full form.  Just love reading it through.  You get a real 'feel' for the parish.

Old Moon (Gail).

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 January 12 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Dear Gail,
I am waiting for a letter from a cousin of mine with family tree of Davy line, should arrive sometime next week, i will update my tree and send you details from William Davy 1818 Syleham to present day.  I will not forget to send it so if there is a delay don't worry i will send you it.  Also wqiting for a photo of my Uncle William Davy and his wife and family on there wedding day so will send you a copy of that if you want.
My cousin has been researching the Davy family for 25yrs or more so there could be quiteabit of information, sadly she is not on the internet.
best wishes,
Phil.
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline Old Moon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 January 12 11:27 GMT (UK) »