Author Topic: LILLICRAP/TREEVE  (Read 13569 times)

Offline Penryn1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LILLICRAP/TREEVE
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 March 12 06:49 GMT (UK) »
R G A W Lillicrap's death was reported in the Nautical Standard, Saturday 19 October 1850, London Middlesex.
"9 Oct 1850 aged 29 years and seven months 3rd son of Rear Admiral James Lillicrap BN".

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 March 12 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for that - I wonder then, did the family know about his 'wife'? I'll just have to keep digging.
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline mmrivas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 05:36 BST (UK) »
John Underwood Searle was my great great grandfather, and John Phillip Searle, husband of Marian Impey Searle, was my great grand uncle. I am just sorting this all out now. I couldn't quite figure out how the Impey and the Lillicrap family were related to mine, but I am beginning to understand.
I have John Underwood Searle married the first time to Elizabeth (poss. Lempriere) (They are the parents of my great grandfather, Alfred George Searle, and then a second to an Emma. I suppose this would be the sister of Marian to which someone referred in an earlier post. Do I have that right?
Did John Underwood Searle and his son John Phillip Searle marry sisters?
Was John Phillip Searle the mean stepfather mentioned in the story about Barbara Impey?
Can someone verify whether or not I have this right?
Thanks

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 07:35 BST (UK) »
Richard TREEVE & wife  Henrietta Matilda IMPEY had 10 children. Of these, the youngest, Emma Octavia Augusta Davis TREEVE (1831-1916) married John Underwood SEARLE. He was the father of John Philip SEARLE.
John Philip SEARLE married the second youngest Marian Impey TREEVE (1928-1907). She previously had an illegitimate daughter Barbara Impey (1850-1927). Hope this makes sense, but yes, you had understood the story correctly I think.
Do you have the marriage dates for the SEARLEs?

Offline bettyve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 10:31 BST (UK) »
My family tree is Ennis and I have a document from The National Archives where George Ennis (aged 14) is indentured as an apprentice into the Navy.  Witness to the signatures of George and his mother and father is Amelia Lilicrap's signature.  It is dated 5 September 1864.  I thought you might be interested in that fact.  Good luck with your searching.  Bettyve
Ennis Family

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 10:54 BST (UK) »
Believe it or not, this is probably a different Amelia LILLICRAP. I have another branch of the family living in Jersey at that time, wife Amelia (Couch). Amelia Treeve LILLICRAP died in 1860.
Thanks for the information though - I'll add it to my files.