Author Topic: Mary Strawberry b Desoronto, Ont 1865 d Flower Station, Ont 1947  (Read 15968 times)

Offline elmfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Strawberry b Desoronto, Ont 1865 d Flower Station, Ont 1947
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning,Lyanne,

Amanda Payea and William J St.Pierre are my Grandparents...I am their son, Angus, Alan, Edward's daughter....so you and I are definitely cousins. I was born and live in the UK although my parents went back to Canada in the 1970's. Dad , sadly, passed away, peacefully, in his sleep on 5 May 2014. He would have been 93 had he lived until 16 May.2014. As it happens, we had just arrived in Belleville to stay with him for a while. Mary Strawberry was my great grandmother!

Offline Lyanne Abouatallah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 17:28 GMT (UK) »
lyanne abouatallah facebook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 17:31 GMT (UK) »
im so sorry to here about your dad
he lived a long life and the stories he would have told would have been the best im sure

Offline elmfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 08 January 16 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Yes, he did have a long life and we managed to produce a small book detailing some of his life stories. He was a WW2 veteran, landing on Juno Beach on D Day itself, was wounded , twice, and lived to tell the tale!

Thanks again.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 08 January 16 13:46 GMT (UK) »
if you dont mind id love to read his story i love to read life stories and especially one of a family member i think he deserves to be acknoledged for his bravery and accomplishments whould you mund sharing the title

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 08 January 16 13:54 GMT (UK) »
im finding your research very fasinating and the history that was all around our family very enlightning I'm quite alot younger then yourself so alot of this is very new to me and you have paved an easy road for me to follow i cant imagine how difficult it was for you to start your search form over seas and I live here so thank you for caring enough to reach out im really excited to have conection with you, its exciting to find family and photos then follow the trails and history, im still shocked to find another family member doing the same as myself

Offline elmfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 10 January 16 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

We entitled the little book: " From Farm Boy to Townie". It was never published but just circulated amongst close family and friends, here and in Canada. I am not even sure there are any spare copies..but I will check. If I find a copy we would have to sort out how we could post it to you.

Offline Brian St. Pierre

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 27 September 20 22:14 BST (UK) »
I am not entirely sure if the is the Same person....

But if anyone could answer this it would be great!!! I am trying to find my families history and learn a lot about it!!

Did Mary Strawberry have decendants named Alfred St.Pierre Married to Doris St.Pierre (keck) and Angus St.Pierre married to Betty St.Pierre??

My uncle was in WWII and was one of the last from what i know to storm Juno Beach. I ufortunatly do not know very much :(

If this is the Case Mary was my Grandmother and I do believe it is either her Kids or Grandkids that would be my Grandfather and Uncle!? Please let me know!

Offline Adam16

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I cannot believe the story I've read in the last few hours. Thank you all so much for doing all this research, I and most of my family have been trying to trace back our family line back to Mary Strawberry and beyond. I've heard stories from my Aunt and its amazing to see a lot of them written out the same as I've been told. I even have the same photo posted by J.J. and I have another to share. This from what I'm told is Angus.