Author Topic: William Francis Dubock BROWN  (Read 17847 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: William Francis Dubock BROWN
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 January 12 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi smudwhisk,

Do you have William Francis Dubock BROWN as returning to Sydney NSW by Sept 1837 to then marry and have children with Sarah HALLIDAY/COX ?   

Adding, to help unconfuse me  :-X  :-X  :-X  

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 January 12 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Oh my, William Horatio BROWN certainly seemed to enjoy being married - till the next time  ::)

He was made a Constable in Launceston, Tasmania in April 1826
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/8790407

But seems to have been dismissed by July  ::)
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/8791388

And writes to the Editor in July complaining about his dismissal
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/2448182

I am assuming you have all Wm Horatio's convict information.  Happy to post if it's helpful.

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ROSJAN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Francis Dubock Brown
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 21 January 12 05:26 GMT (UK) »
Than you all for Replying. The name Dubock appears in William's death (30/8/1861) certicate details supplied by William's daughter Susannah, he died in the Infiremary aged 45yrs, the children listed on the death certificate are correct. He was buried in the Camperdown Cemetery (St Stephens), She lived in Sussex Street, Wiliam's son William Goodlad Brown worked at and was supposed to have been born at the Patent slip Wharf Sussex Street. William's father William Horatio Brown Was the one who was clerk to The Rev. Youl. We don't know when he arrived in Sydney from Tasmania. William Francis married Sarah Cox 5/9/1837 in Sydney (marriage certificate). On the death certificate Susannah gives her mothers name as Sarah Ulladale? Why? who Knows.
Regards,
ROSJAN.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 21 January 12 05:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there  ;D

You mention that Susannah gives her mothers name as Sarah Ulladale on the death certificate....  I am confused  again, sorry but .... is that on William Francis Dubock BROWN's d.c. please .....

Of the two records for the 1837 marriage, which one do you have please ....   I am thinking that the one from NSW BDM's Vol 74A would show HALLIDAY or COX as Susannah's former name, so perhaps ULLADALE is a mis-read for HALLIDAY or vice versa ....

Who was the informant on that d.c. please....
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline ROSJAN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 21 January 12 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
William Francis Dubock Brown's Death Certificate shows his wifes name as Sarah Ulladale (More than likely a corruption of Halliday). The marriage entry we have is the Church Register entry which only uses the name Sarah Cox, widow. Her maiden name was Halliday or Holliday first marriage to Andrew Cox in England.
Regards,
ROSJAN.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 21 January 12 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for unconfusing me ...

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 21 January 12 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps there is more information on the other record of that marriage in 1837.    I hesitate to suggest spending more pennies when you have already obtained that mc....   If you have some spare, the cheaper and quicker and easier option perhaps would be an official transcript of Vol 74A, line 3010 MAY (and may well NOT) give you some further clues .... but please do not get your hopes up too much.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,369703.0.html  link to RChat's NSW Resources Board, which will lead you to

Registry of BMD New South Wales
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/searchHistoricalRecords.htm

Details on ALL Certificates for New South Wales
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/familyHistoryCertificates.htm
http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

Transcription Agents
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,300394.0.html

Could anyone please help me with any information regarding William Francis Dubock Brown, Born Sydney Australia January 1817 Married Sarah Cox 5/9/1837, Died Sydney, 30/8/1861, Five children, Louisa, William Goodlad, George, Susannah and Sarah. William's Parents were William Horatio Brown and Susannah Dubock. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you.
regards,
ROSJAN

Cheers,  JM

Offline garvin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 07 April 12 04:00 BST (UK) »
Hello  - about 35 years ago I bought a box of items in Nowra NSW at a church stall. Amongst the items was an old family bible in poor condition, but to my great delight, as a history buff, someone had attached some pen script recordings of Births.

William Francis Dubock Brown is the first entry against which it says "son of WH & J Brown of Sydney NSW"

I would like to return this bible to the descendants of William for their custody.

Any assistance appreciated

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 07 April 12 04:14 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Garvin - how fascinating - what a treasure you have unearthed.  I would think the family would be delighted to hear about the bib;e.

You need to have made 3 posts with Rootschat before you can use the Private Message system so another post from you should get you there!

Just a short one would do.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk