Author Topic: Shirley Upton nee Jermy  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Shirley Upton nee Jermy
« on: Saturday 21 January 12 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I had, a first cousin Shirley O Upton. Her maiden name was Jermy. She married a Bernard Upton at Solihull and I understand that they emigrated - Canada was mentioned to me by another relative who also told me that she was dead but he really had no details.

By now their children would be in their fifties and probably grandchildren aged up to perhaps 25 - that is a lot of relatives that I have somewhere out there. Perhaps one of them is doing some family history research.

Shirley's mother was Millicent [Millie] Williams nee Murrill b. 1911. She had a sister Betty [b. Phipps] who died quite some long time ago but as an adult with her own children.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SandraAust

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shirley Upton nee Jermy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 12 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Have you also posted this on the Canada board? Might be worth a try.
Compton: England (Hampshire, Surrey), Australia
Bentley: England (Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire), Australia
McGowan: NZ, Australia
Rowley: NZ, England, Australia
Salvin: NZ, England, Australia
Von Lehenner: Germany, England

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 12 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Sandra - stupidly I had not but I have now followed your advice. Thanks.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 February 21 11:05 GMT (UK) »
I had, a first cousin Shirley O Upton. Her maiden name was Jermy. She married a Bernard Upton at Solihull and I understand that they emigrated - Canada was mentioned to me by another relative who also told me that she was dead but he really had no details.

By now their children would be in their fifties and probably grandchildren aged up to perhaps 25 - that is a lot of relatives that I have somewhere out there. Perhaps one of them is doing some family history research.

Shirley's mother was Millicent [Millie] Williams nee Murrill b. 1911. She had a sister Betty [b. Phipps] who died quite some long time ago but as an adult with her own children.

Too late, since she died last year, I found Shirley by her death notice. All these years she had been using the name Olive and not her first Christian name.  So I have several first cousins once removed in Canada and we are unknown to each other. At such a distance and after so very many years I shall not pursue this line anymore. I am nearly 87 myself.