Author Topic: johnP-bedford  (Read 651 times)

Offline emmett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
johnP-bedford
« on: Thursday 12 May 05 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Thank you, I did have the IGI marriage and because I dont know of the area,perhaps you would know the distance in relation to Biggleswade where Robert was born 1748.His parents Robert Parker and Ann Race m 1747.Because of the early dates do you know what resourses might be of help ?
Thanks Jan

Offline cathymcc

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
Re: johnP-bedford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 May 05 06:02 BST (UK) »
Jan

Try the Beds Archives search site [about a quarter of their archives is listed so far]. 

There is a Will [it would be just a solicitors clerk's copy] of Edward PARKER of 'Bigglesworth' Bedfordshire [date 1655] in the National Archives ...a bit early for you but you can download a digital copy for £3 if interested.

Any original Wills will be in Bedford Archives, contact them as they are very helpful

Try the A 2 A website too.   

It may be worth buying the Biggleswade Parish register from Bedfordshire Family History Society too?

Or contact David PARKER, secretary of Biggleswade History Society :

david.j.parkeratntlworld.com

Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

Herfordshire and West London: Brown [Kent in early 19th C]; Blackwell.
McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]