Author Topic: Approve School boy 1950  (Read 27246 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Approve School boy 1950
« Reply #27 on: Monday 04 November 13 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike,

Just checked back on the emails from this morning and it was actually Arthur68 whose email is not working at the moment. I thought you would appreciate knowing that there was a problem :-\

you don’t allow personal phone contacts. Or encourage P/M which in turn has upset JTC
No quite the opposite we DO encourage private information, emails phone numbers etc to be sent by the private message system, all users can use this once they have completed 2 posts.

retiredoldies emails are being received with no errors.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mikethebee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 04 November 13 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Arthur68
I THANK YOU for the photos I been waiting for a phone call from you!! hope your well.
ADMIN TELLS ME your emails are not being recived.
all the best mike

Offline frogspawn4

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 06 November 13 10:17 GMT (UK) »
I thought that you had to have made three posts before the online messaging would work.

MIKE You click on the little icon that looks like a clipboard and send the message through there.

Jay
Jaques:London and Wiltshire
Little: Alderton, Wiltshire
Tooke:Lowestoft,Suffolk
Lines:Spexhall,Suffolk
Taaffe:London and Ireland
Browne: Rotherhithe, London
Thorpe: Manthorpe,Lincs
Carrot: Lincs

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 06 November 13 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Mikethebee.
While you out gallivanting I been doing some research.

I think we ex 'Approved School Boys' (& girls) need our own website. Where we can do our own things.

I'm sure you're right. I'd be surprised if there wasn't already such a site but is sounds a good idea.

We get no understanding from the 'established control freak sites'. I don't need some DH Magistrate type telling me what I CAN'T do on a site. Mention names!! or "Criticise" criminals like Mr Saville, or even, God forbid, make contacts etc. etc.) More interested in 'controlling' their own sites contributors than enabling contacts and understanding. Bit like the headmasters of the dodgy schools that contributed to all the abuse and nastiness that I experienced. They all the same breed if you ask me.

That's totally ridiculous. If you set your own website up, as the owners of Rootschat have done, and put a lot of time and effort into managing it, you get to make the rules. This is a website for tracing family roots, not for pursuing alleged child abusers. Your last two sentences are potentially libellous, by the way.
I hope you do find or create a website where you can discuss these important issues though, and it would be even better if you could bring your abusers to justice,

Best regards

Mike

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 06 November 13 16:07 GMT (UK) »
I have just removed an angry posting, if you wish this post to remain please be respectful to all members. I know some of you are upset but the answer is not anger towards those trying to help.

Here is a link that shows how to contact another RootsChatter by Private Message (PM)
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Regards

Sarah

Offline teresag1972

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 07 July 14 06:37 BST (UK) »
hi could you tell if the school still standing ?

Offline mwelsh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 12 March 15 04:01 GMT (UK) »
i am new on the web site so not sure.  I remember visiting Cotswold School as a 4 or 5 year old as i had an uncle who taught woodwork there.  My uncle and grand parents lived in one of the staff houses. They were from Birmingham.   i remember the fishpond and boys delivering milk with donkey and cart.  i do have some photos.  i also have a photo taken when Queen Mary visited the school - 1948, i think.

Offline mikethebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 12 March 15 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi MWELSH
Thank you for your post.
Question for you!  were you working overtime writhing your post at 4 in the morning or like me have spells of not able to sleep? 
Anyway its nice to know you have some photos,we might be able to swap
 I might be the lad in the photos delivering the milk churns up the drive where the lorry would collect them,   I see there are attachments options would it be posable to copy the photos onto your post for all to see?   It would be interesting to see queen Mary photos and the reason "why" she was there in 1948 a little before my time!
at the age of 5/6 I had been in out children's homes   
I arrived at Cots/Ap/School in 1951 aged 12 from Kingswood Bristol assessment center for the second time,   1st visit to Kingswood I got mistakenly sent to Porlock Borstal for a few months  before the powers to be realized I was under aged.

I never forget meeting the head guvener as a young lad!!
On marching into his waiting room standing to attention.  I seen him through the office door he was sat behind a big red desk,
  he was a thick heavy set man dressed with a black bowler hat to match his thick smoke stained black mustache , his jacket was open showing the watch chain across his black waistcoat,
  When he stood up he was as wide as he was tall He had a deep voice with a funny lisp his tongue seemed to spit the words out,   Marching in to his office He told me I was leaving going back to kingswood to pack what belongings I had,   
Warning me not to come back   I had never seen the man before
On his desk was a large white gnarled club, amongst the ink pen stand and junk was my folder  he closed it up handed it to the man at the back of the room with the words "now get out my sight"  HIM OUT HEAR   "music to my ears"
all the best Mike

ADMIN Sarah i would love to contact by email-phone  mwelsh   but under the rules we CANT but you can?

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 12 March 15 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat mwelsh  :)

When people join RootsChat your profile details, email etc are all hidden for your own safety. It is totally upto you if you wish to exchange private details with other members (if at all)

ADMIN Sarah i would love to contact by email-phone  mwelsh   but under the rules we CANT but you can?

Once mwelsh has made one more post mike you will be able to send him a private message with any information that you do not wish to be viewable by other members.

Regards

Sarah :)