Author Topic: *COMPLETED* Blackburn Parish Registers - RICHMOND  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Tambrisha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* Blackburn Parish Registers - RICHMOND
« on: Sunday 22 January 12 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to find some information on the parents of my ancestor Maria Watts Richmond - I do not know the significance of "Watts" in her name.  Maria was married to Charles Freeman in February 1837 in Cambridge, so it looks like they just missed the start of civil registration!   :(  According to the census records I have found for the couple it looks like the most consistent information for her birth would be between 1811/2, in Blackburn, Lancashire.

Can anyone please find some information on whom her parents were?

Thanks you in advance!

Tam

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Blackburn Parish Registers - RICHMOND
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 January 12 06:17 GMT (UK) »
1st of Feb 1811
Chapel Street Independent Blackburn
Maria Watts Richmond
born 7Th of December 1810
child of John and Maria
abode Blackburn
her father is the quarter master to the regiment of Dragoons, Scotch Greys
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Tambrisha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 January 12 04:18 GMT (UK) »
Amazing!  Thank you so much Radcliiff - that is fascinating information.   ;D  Can I ask the source?  I'm surprised that there was such detail!

Also, it too much to ask or hope that there may be some information on John and Maria's marriage and/or their births?  Although, would I be right in assuming (or is this a modern colouring of military life) that it is unlikely John would have been born in the same area... is it more likely that he followed the Dragoons wherever they were stationed?  Perhaps this is something I should put as a new post.

Nevertheless... I really appreciate the information on Maria's birth and baptism!  It is always so wonderful to populate one's tree with real facts than, well, "factlets".  ;-)

Tam

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 January 12 04:35 GMT (UK) »
The baptism was on family search org ,further details where from Lancashire on line parish site,
I didnt find any thing further on the family so suspect he was just there with his battalion ,

In 1815 they were at Waterloo,so a person who has a milititary interest may be able to help you
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Tambrisha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 January 12 04:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again - all good information to have.   :)  You've been a great help, Radcliff - much appreciated.

Tam