Author Topic: New Family History Game Resource!  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Family History Game Resource!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 May 05 23:52 BST (UK) »
The Cluedo idea sounds fun - you know Annie Mustard in the workhouse with consumption. Then you have to find out she is really Hannah and not Mustard but Moward and then you have spent £15 of your starting money on useless certificates so back to Go and throw a 6 to move for another clue card. On reading that I find it a bit confusing - like Family History. ::)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suttontrust

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 May 05 16:22 BST (UK) »
Jakky, I suggest you lodge your idea with a bank or solicitor or something.  It's not unknown for companies to reject ideas and promptly nick them with no acknowledgement and no payment.  Some years ago my cousin came up with the idea for a board game and sent it to one of the big companies.  They politely turned it down.  A few months later the company brought out a game almost identical to the one my cousin had submitted.  But he had no proof that he'd sent it to them.  Beware - they're probably manufacturing your family history game right now.
Godden in East Sussex, mainly Hastings area.
Richards in Lea, Gloucestershire, then London.
Williamson in Leith, Vickers in Nottingham.
Webb in Bildeston and Colchester.
Wesbroom in Kirby le Soken.
Ellington in Harwich.
Park, Palmer, Segar and Peartree in Kersey.

Offline jakky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 May 05 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Suttontrust,

Somewhere I have a sealed letter with the idea in and it had to be signed by someone before I posted it to myself, it remains unopened somewhere, I will have to see if I can find it.

Mind you, such things dreams are made of and I cannot ever see anything comming of it. It was only a rough idea anyway, but thanks for the advice it is certainly worth thinking about.

Cheers 
Jakky.
Thomas.  Wigan Bolton & Fleetwood
Wilcox. Liverpool & Fleetwood.
Lamplough. Hull.
Hallam. Wigan & Bolton
Jordan. Hackney.
Burtonwood. Wigan,Bolton
All Census Look Up Transcriptions Are Crown Copyright.