Author Topic: Sweden Husförhör look up - Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling  (Read 10935 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden Husförhör look up - Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling
« Reply #72 on: Friday 28 March 14 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ian! You have done a much better job than google translate and I did  ;)
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 01:27 BST (UK) »
Ok then. This is from the first 2 images you posted.
That wasn't easy. I have tried to keep it in the same style as written...

Ads
For Sale

The undersigned has now submitted stylish new, to my shop, articles including meters and dress material, a large batch of bobbinet tulle and a mixture of broidered edges in different thicknesses and colours etc. During my travels in England, France and Germany I came across very cheap acquisitions of the above mentioned articles as of many other merchandises, which will arrive one of these days, thereby have an opportunity to be able to sell to the most of fair prices.

J.W.Busch  junior

Ian

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 07:50 BST (UK) »
Hey Ian, thank you so much that is brilliant!!

I know it was pretty difficult font to read, so I appreciate it all the more  ;D
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 10 April 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
This is from the second paragraph starting "Carlskrona Spiced Herring". The question marks are words I cannot make out or find a translation for.

Undersigned, whose stock has increased with new and modern articles; like woolen winter coat material, woolen muslin printed cloak material, 2 coloured woolen over-tights, shawls, white and red  ?   , broidered linen dresses,  ?   and  ?   in various colours, broidered frills, handkerchiefs, chemisettes and bands, silk band, white women’s gloves, printed and coloured meter material, silk buttons and a lot more goods selling everything to very cheap prices.
J.W. Busch junior

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 10 April 14 11:40 BST (UK) »
This is from the third paragraph:

Black silk dye of exceptional quality for vests, white silk dye and band fitting for  ?  , woolen vest material, white Kashmir and pique for vests, at J.W.Busch junior

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 10 April 14 11:54 BST (UK) »
The fourth paragraph:

A large assortment of thread material,
For frills, as well as for blankets and broidery , of many colours; bobbinet tulle in various colours, pearl drops and  ?  , at
J.W. Busch

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Thursday 10 April 14 12:00 BST (UK) »
The last and final paragraph:

Yarns, cotton and paper needlepoint broidery, at
J.W. Busch

Ian

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Thursday 10 April 14 12:52 BST (UK) »
Wow! That certainly gives a very good description of the sort of items he sold!!
Very detailed, thank you so much  ;D

Offline Gathe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Monday 19 October 20 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has access to arkivdigital, and might be willing to look up the following family:

I have acess to Ancestry at present and have found the family in 1883 when there was a change of parish and the area they lived in became part of Göteborgs Haga, but I cannot seem to find the appropriate Husförhör for Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling for any years before this. Are they available on arkivdigital?

Their address in 1883 was: Nygatan i Haga, 35

And it seems from address books I have found online that the family lived in this address in Östra Haga from at least 1871 onwards. Before that date they seem to live in Nygtn i Ö. Haga, 67, Lit. B or Kullen i Ö. Haga, 67, Lit. B from the mid 1850's. I am not sure of their exact address before this.

Any Husförhör would be great as they give such great information  ;)

The family is:

Johan Wilhelm Busch (b 1791 d 1874 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)
wife: Mary Lancefield (b 1795 England d 1848 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)

Children:
John William Busch (b 1817 England d unknown)
Maria Charlotta Busch (b 1819 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d 1822 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)
Fanny Carolina Busch (b 1820 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling m Lundström d 1914 Alingsås stadsförs)
Maria Busch (b 1822 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d unknown)
Ellen Augusta Busch (b 1824 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d 1916 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)
George Thomas Busch (b 1825 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d unknown)
Alida Elisabet Busch (b 1826 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling m Ölisch d 1907 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)
Alexander Busch (b 1827 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d 1828 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)
Ada Amelia Busch (b 1829 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d 1918 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling)
James Laurence Busch (b 1830 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling m Hearsey d 1901 England)
Martina Busch (b 1831 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d unknown)
Mathilda Busch (b 1831 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d unknown)
Emilie Ingeborg Busch (b 1833 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling d 1912 Vasa)
Bertha Wilhelmine Busch (b 1835 Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling m Eneroth d 1870 Åmål, Älvsborg)

I know what happened to a fair amount of the children, but want to sort out the others. If they died young or moved out of the parish etc. The family that are present in 1883 are Ellen Augusta, Ada Amelia, Martina, and Emilie Ingeborg along with a couple of nieces.

Any assistance to pin point the earlier Göteborgs Domkyrkoförsamling Husförhör would be great!

Thanks  :)

Jenny

Hi, did you find the death dates for all the children?