Author Topic: Graham Chopwell  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Chopwell
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 November 20 15:30 GMT (UK) »
One more for you, do bear in mind that
a) you need to check this out carefully, I believe its right, but its up to you to check and verify it. I am only offering these as 'possibles' for you to check out.

b) Rootschat policy is that we are not allowed to discuss or post about anyone who may still be alive, so I have just left initials in a couple of the newspaper notices if I think there is a possibility the person may still be alive.

Thomas Edward b 1892 m Elizabeth Coulson 1918

GRO Births Q2 1891 Gateshead
Thomas Edward Graham MMN Robson

FreeBMD marriages
Q2 1918 Gateshead Thomas E Graham  Elizabeth Coulson

FreeBMD Deaths
Q1 1976, Durham Northern
Thomas Edward Graham d.o.b. 07 June 1891

Given the above d.o.b. its easy to find them on the 1939 register and DO check the register image (always check an image) as names are not always transcribed correctly.

Newcastle Evening Chronicle 01 March 1976
page 2, col 3

GRAHAM  Rowlands Gill. 11 Whinfield Terrace, Highfield (late of Chopwell), on Feb 26 aged 84 years. Thomas Edward, beloved husband of the late Elizabeth (nee Coulson). Sadly missed by his son S_ his grandsons, his sister in law Mrs E Armstrong, and all their families. Friends please meet for service at Mounsett Crematorium, Dipton, on Wednesday at 2.30 p.m. Private afterwards.

Children
Births Q2 1920, Gateshead
Conny Graham, MMN Coulson

Marriages Q4 1944 Durham NW
Conny Graham and John Foreman  Broderick

Deaths Q4 1974 Gateshead
Conny Broderick d.o.b. 08 Apr 1920

Newcastle Evening Chronicle 21 Nov 1974
page 2 col 1
BRODERICK Highfield 11 Whinfield Terrace, on Nov 19, aged 54 years. Connie (nee Graham) beloved wife of the late John Foreman and dear mother of D_ and T_ and dear daughter of Thomas Edward and dear sister of S_. Cremation at Mounsett, Friday. Friends and relatives please meet for service at crematorium, 3 p.m. Please send flowers to the Co-op Chapel of Rest, Front Street, Stanley (later to be sent to Shotley Bridge Hospital)

Probate calendar 1975
BRODERICK Conny of 11 Whinfield Terr Rowlands Gill Tyne and Wear died 19 Nov 1974 Administration Newcastle upon Tyne 11 April £3477
NB Administration,  therefore no will, but a copy of the Grant which will tell you who was granted Admin (hopefully a relative) will be available from
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills  for £1.50 (and perhaps a bit of a wait)

Deaths Q4 1962 West Hartlepool
John F Broderick age 48

Probate Calendar 1963
BRODERICK John Foreman of 11 Whinfield Terrace Highfield Rowlands Gill county Durham died 15 December 1962 at the General Hospital West Hartlepool Adminsitration Newcastle upon Tyne 5 March to Conny Broderick widow Effects £3084 19s

Thomas Edward and Elizabeth Coulson did have another child (initial S as in the newspaper notices)
If you search Free BMD and look for Graham births, specify MMN of Coulson and a district of Gateshead 1920-1930, the registration is easily spotted. So far I have been unable to find a definite record of this one's death so won't post the name.

Hopefully, seeing where I searched and for what will help you to look for the others. I've run out of time today to do more.

If you get stuck and need help with specifics, post back and we'll help if we can.

Boo

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Chopwell
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 November 20 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello hexhamlad! I have been following this query with some interest. On a collateral line, I have a number of Gillender/Gillinder people who were from the Whickham/Ryton area. I don't know if you are interested in pursuing your collateral Gillender line, but mine are all in the mid 1850 time frame thus far. Please let me know if you are interested. Sincerely, patrexjax
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL