Author Topic: Otley Suffolk Parish Register Look Ups?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Re: Otley Suffolk Parish Register Look Ups?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Annes

Thank you so much for that - it is very much appreciated!

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Re: Otley Suffolk Parish Register Look Ups?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 February 12 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Annes

Can you check the registers to see if there were any burials for the first children of John and Elizabeth?

Mary Ann
Louisa

I have come across a marriage in 1824 on Findmypast for a Mary Ann Fosdike to a John Broom - so this may well be for this Mary Ann as she would have been about 20 years old. But just want to be sure in case there were any other Mary Ann's in Otley who it could relate to! I've found a John and Marianne Broom in 1851 from Otley and it looks like she was born around 1797 so may be too old to be my Mary Ann.

I did also see a marriage in 1823 for a Louisa Fosdike to a John Pipe but as my Louisa would have only been about 12 then I think it unlikely it was her (I know it was legal then to marry at 12 but it was a rare occurrence to marry so young by that time - more of a common thing during the middle ages/tudor times etc when life expectancy was a lot shorter!)

(Not Frederic as I have found him in later life)

I know the Otley burial records on Findmypast start at 1813 so just in case any of them died in infancy prior to 1813?

Were there any other Fosdike/Forsdyke/Forsdike PR entries relating to this family (i.e. any other baptisms for children of Thomas and Elizabeth in the 1750s - 1770s and any more for Thomas and Sarah - and then Thomas and Mary his second wife?

Was there a baptism in the PR's for Elizabeth Wyth(e)?

Many thanks again for your help Annes, it really is much appreciated! Let me know if you have any Wiltshire ancestors as I could perhaps help there!

***** Update - sorry Annes - have been told you looked this information up for me at the Records Office - thank you so much! Not to worry about going to check specifically for me for all of that! But if anyone out there has a transcription of the PRs it would be much appreciated! *****
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.