Author Topic: Weald of Kent 1841 census  (Read 642 times)

Offline Gabora

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Weald of Kent 1841 census
« on: Friday 13 May 05 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for George Roots and his wife Elizabeth. George was also known to of been in Cranbrook in 1824 and was a Carpenter. 

What happen to this family?

Their Children were bap between 1825 - 1830 at Biddenden Kent.
George William
Elizabeth Ann
Caroline Alice

Thank You

Offline carol_cholsey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Weald of Kent 1841 census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've checked through the 1841 census of Biddenden, couldn't find any mention of George, this ref relates to an Elizabeth:
ref HO107 471-7 folio 29
Elizabeth Roots age 15 F S (female servant)
in the employ of Benjamin Witherden age 50 farmer
Have you found any of your Roots family on later censuses, that may give a clue to other parishes to look on.
xx Carol
WINTON in Sussex & Kent; ALGER, ANTHONEY & MERCER in Rotherhithe, Surrey & Deptford, Kent; WHITBREAD in Shefford, Beds; KEELING in Yorks, Lincs & Leics; BLONK & SEASTRON in Sheffield, Yorks; BENNETT, MILLER, SUMMERS, BOSSLEY, WOULDHAM & SHOVLAR in Gravesend, Kent

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gabora

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 22:20 BST (UK) »
Thank You Carol,
I seem to draw blanks on this family. I have not been able to find any of them in the census. This is the first possibility of one of the children being discover. I will follow up on this. My Elizabeth was baptize on June 24 1830.

Are there 1831 Census for Biddenden?

Offline carol_cholsey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,
There are no censuses before 1841, so can't look any earlier for you. If your Elizabeth was christened in 1830, then the one I found is probably too old, as she would have been only 10/11 years old.
xx Carol
WINTON in Sussex & Kent; ALGER, ANTHONEY & MERCER in Rotherhithe, Surrey & Deptford, Kent; WHITBREAD in Shefford, Beds; KEELING in Yorks, Lincs & Leics; BLONK & SEASTRON in Sheffield, Yorks; BENNETT, MILLER, SUMMERS, BOSSLEY, WOULDHAM & SHOVLAR in Gravesend, Kent

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk