Author Topic: Notification of New Threads  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Half Pint

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my wonderful mum and dad here in Leicester
    • View Profile
Notification of New Threads
« on: Wednesday 01 February 12 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have been a member on here for a few years and have had an ongoing problem on here that is driving me .......... lol

I click to receive notification of new threads in all the counties that I am currently researching in [see list at the end of this message] and for about a week I receive them all. 

I ALWAYS go into each message received because although it might not be re one of mine, I might be able to help or learn something new.

Then slowly they start "not appearing" ie if I go onto that particular board there are new ones there that have I no notification for. 

I then go onto the enable/disable button and have to disable to enable it again.  So I know that the buttons have not reset themselves.

It definitely has nothing to do with the heavy/light usage of that particular board.

Does anyone else have this issue and can I cure it.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Regards

Half Pint

ps when I leave this message I will be re-setting them all again

Beds: Chapman, Norris, Nicholls
Cul:  Bone, Casson, Cuppage, Ellwood, Harrington, Harrison, Huddleston, Mawson, McAvoy, Rooney, Sherwen, Singleton, Stephenson, Taylor, Tunstall, Tyson, Wedgwood, Whitehead, Woodall
Herts:  Chapman, Merridan, Seymour
Ire:  Macken, McAvoy, Rooney
Lancs:  Casson, Dixon, Huddleston, Hunter, Muschamp, Skirrow Stephenson, Tyson
Staffs:  Burslem, Tunstall, Wedgwood
Yorks:  Harrison, Lund, Roberts, Swire

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.