Author Topic: Margaret Todd - New Galloway - Castle Douglas COMPLETED  (Read 14934 times)

Offline oldcourtchick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Todd - New Galloway - Castle Douglas
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Oh Jeanette..
You are so determined to prove your theory on my great grandad Angus's name....Sounds like you may be right...LOL

keep digging..

Love
Lesley x

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Todd - New Galloway - Castle Douglas COMPLETED
« Reply #28 on: Monday 02 April 12 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi chatters  A little clarification on the documents listing Hume/Adie on the death cert from sp for Helen Tod Drylie her mother is listed as Janet Adie so we know the Helen married to David Drylie was the daughter of William Todd and Janet Adie. Their son Peter Married Christina Mcpherson at North Parish Dec. 31 1974 the marriage cert lists parents as David Drylie and Helen Drylie nee Todd.  The confusion comes from Peters birth records (which apparently were completely butchered in the transcribing by someone who couldnt read) Peter Drylaw Mar, 15 1854 parents David Drylaw and Ellen Todd Hume. Peter is on the census with David and Helen 61-71 and on the 81 with Christina then he immigrated to the Us on the Ship Ethiopia with Christina and 4 of their 7 children.  Between census, the marriage cert, the birth cert for Peter and the death cert for Helen, Helen Tod Drylie and Ellen Todd Hume are the same person. The tree on A******* was probably mine and all of these certs have since been added and the information changed. The only problem now is the birthdate for this Helen as she is most definitely not the one born in 1821 To William Tod and Jean Hume. I have been on sp and cannot find any birth for a Helen to William Tod and Janet Adie. So all of that being said if anyone has any suggestions on pinning down this Helen's birth i would much appreciate it   Beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness