Author Topic: Passage list for Miltiades'  (Read 3392 times)

Offline hbols

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Passage list for Miltiades'
« on: Saturday 04 February 12 03:42 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a list of passengers for 1852 arriving on the ship Miltiades'...have been to PROV site & got info there but am wondering if any other site with more info re the imigrants & where they orgininated from
I believe lots of relatives were on board this ship & there were lots of marriages arising from this which are part of my family tree
many thanks
Helen
Gill, Dean, Tuxworth, Graves, Grote, McKenzie, Campbell & Pearse

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Passage list for Miltiades'
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 February 12 04:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen

To find more details than on the PROV index you would need to access the actual passenger list film/fiche of which is at a number of locations. The Geelong Historical Record Centre has it, so I believe has the State Library of Victoria.

Andy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Passage list for Miltiades'
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 February 12 06:04 GMT (UK) »
If you are requesting more info about the Oct 1852 arrival of the MILTIADES you may be disappointed.  They were unassisted passengers. 

Ancestry.com.au have this passenger list on their database and the only extra info is the passengers' nationalities.

You may find occupations also listed on the fiche.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk