Author Topic: Richards in Llanerchymedd.  (Read 27191 times)

Offline gethdaf1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richards in Llanerchymedd.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 21:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for the forebears of my G4 grandparents.
John Richards, B 26.10.1760. / D 03.1832 (Vicar in Llanerchymedd) Married to Ann Richards, (nee Parry), B 1777, D 1850.
  Both were born in Llanerchymedd. Any info' would be both amazing, and helpful!
[/quot

Offline gethdaf1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 22:05 GMT (UK) »
I am tiding some relation,s graves at Llanerchymedd please reply,.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Relating to Big All's comments about the forebears of Ann Parry.

I have taken her tree back to the Rev. Harry Parry born around 1570, his son was Owain Parry, B1600 etc ... of interest is that Harry is marked as being of the Tribe "Marchydd'. Any info on this tribal system. Your tips are proving to be invaluable, and the site of great help. Freezing here, with thick snow... brother is in Spain ...damn him!
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 February 12 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Further to my last post.
  I have traced the tree of Ann Parry, the wife of John Richards of Llanerchymedd, and managed to go back almost 50 generations to 400 AD. All male members show themselves as being of the Tribe "Marchudd".
  Notable names include the early House of Tudor beginning with Cynwig ab Iorwerth, (1130): his son, Ednyfed "Fychan"; (1170):  Tudor ab Ednyfed, "Fychan", Knight, (1200): Gwilym ap Gryffydd, Lord of Penrhyn, (1300), and so on. In the early days, the family were Chieftains of the Tribe Marchydd. Mystery solved!
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 February 12 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Viking,

I'm delighted to have helped put you on the right path and so pleased you have had so much success with Ann Parry - Hope you can do the same with Rev John Richards.

Thought I'd drop you a line to see if your appetite has now been satisfied!!

Alan

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 February 12 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hei Tall Al,
                More or less satisfied but I fear that I have caught the "Family Tree" bug; a sly little beast that burrows into your spare time, and cannot be exterminated! It's fun though; more fun than clearing snow or chopping firewood.
                                                          Peter the Procrastinator!

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 02 March 12 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hei Tall-Al,
                I have managed to unearth quite a bit of background information about the Rev. John Richards family. Firstly, I'm convinced that he was born in Llanerchymedd. The place given as his birth-place, Gwnnws, was where he studied for the priesthood. The college at Gwnnws was started by Richard Richard of the Richards of Ystradmeurig family. (He never married) and this may have led to the birth-place error. I have also located Rev. John's brother James ... he was born in Llanerchymedd and his son John lived at Tre-Iorwerth, Bodedern, before building a Manor house at Llanerchymedd. The Rev. John's eldest son, Michael resided at "Parciau", a big farm with 600 acres. It looks to me that the Rev. John's forebears were already well established in the Llanerchymedd area before he married the illustrious Ann Parry. Shame about the dearth of parental information for him and his brother.
 I have my suspicions that he had more siblings ... a publican named John Richards (no dates)  Llanddeusant: (his daughter, Barbara, married Robert Bulkeley on 23.10.1834.). Because of his presumed age, he could be a good candidate as another Rev. John brother. Barbara follows the pattern of very large families whenever a Richards is involved. (Rev. John, 10, his son 11, me, one of 12) She had 9 children. The Bulkeley seat, Coedana,  is just a quick bike ride from Llanerchymedd.
 If anyone has info on Barbara Richards of Llanddeusant, or on her father, John, please post.
                                                                      Nice day here, plus 2C, shorts are on!
                                                                                                         Viking666

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 03 March 12 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Haven't you been busy!

Don't want to throw a spanner in the works but the National Library of Wales site says that Robert Bulkeley married Barbara Prichard (Not Richards) - Are you sure we are talking about the same family?

Alan

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 03 March 12 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Hei Tall-Al,
                Robert William Hughes Bulkley, B1836, was married twice.
  1st Marriage to Ann Prichard, 14.2.1823 ... (no-issue)
  2nd Marriage to Barbara Richards, 23.10.1834. (9 children).
 I remember the Nation Library of Wales showing one of Ann Parry's forebears as being married at the age of 4 and then dying 2 years before she was born!
                                  Returning spanner, with regards.