Author Topic: Jeremiah CASHEN m. Mary RYAN, in Tipperary  (Read 6604 times)

Offline ostrauts

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremiah CASHEN m. Mary RYAN, in Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 July 17 10:37 BST (UK) »
I will post in case any connection comes to light:

I descend from John Cashen, b. 1848 in Tipperary.  His father was also John.  He appears in the census return of 1871 living in Derry Street, Pancras, London.  He married Mary Luddy and they had ten children:

Elizabeth, b: 1872
Thomas, b: 1875
Ellen, b: 1877
John, b: 1878
Lizzie, b: 1881
Mary, b: 1884
Alice, b: 1885
Winifred, b: 1887
Catherine, b: 1889
William, b: 1892

Regards,
Stuart

Offline Eimey Bihin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 September 17 10:33 BST (UK) »
My mother is cashin from deansgrove cashel. I recongise all the cashin names you mention. I did a family tree a few years ago i can send on

Offline Susan Nangle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 April 18 09:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ben. I just looked and realized that its 9 years since my original post on this subject and I'm really no further advanced as yet. Maybe the William Cashin in your post and the William Cashin in mine will turn out to be one and the same. I'll get to work on that lead now.

As you point out, every little bit helps and one day it'll all just slip neatly into place .... or is that last bit just wishful thinking on my part?  ;D

Thanks again

Hi,
I have the following details so far (still a work in progress) - Jeremiah Cashen  born abt 1797 son of William Cashen 1776-1879 and Cate or Catherine Duggan; wife Mary Ryan born abt 1800.
Their children: Honorah 'Norry' Cashen born 1816; William Cashen 1819-1898; Darby Jeremiah Cashen born 1821; Patrick Cashen 1823-1886 transported to Port Arthur, Tasmania in 1844, marries Dorothy Mullumby 12 March 1855 in St Joseph's Catholic Church, Hobart. I have ten children born to this couple if more details required?? and can provide more info on Australian connections b. 1829; John Cashen b. 1825; Mary Cashen and Johanna Nancy Cashen b. 1832-1901

Hope this is helpful, Susan

Offline FitzMurray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 April 18 06:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan, according to Genealogical Society of Victoria, the Patrick Cashin in the prison system in Tasmania was still in the prison system after the Patrick who married Dorothy Mullumby left for Victoria. Also, that Patrick is not from Cashel but from Cork. I believe you are right about Jeremiah Cashen - check out the Baptism in Cashel of Derby Casheen 26/10/1795, parents William Casheen and Cate Duggan. (The name Derby is a variant of Jeremiah, as I think Johanna is for Nancy.) Are you descended from Patrick? I am from Johanna's line. Cheers, Cathy

Offline Susan Nangle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 April 18 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan, according to Genealogical Society of Victoria, the Patrick Cashin in the prison system in Tasmania was still in the prison system after the Patrick who married Dorothy Mullumby left for Victoria. Also, that Patrick is not from Cashel but from Cork. I believe you are right about Jeremiah Cashen - check out the Baptism in Cashel of Derby Casheen 26/10/1795, parents William Casheen and Cate Duggan. (The name Derby is a variant of Jeremiah, as I think Johanna is for Nancy.) Are you descended from Patrick? I am from Johanna's line. Cheers, Cathy

Hi Cathy,
Thank you very much for your helpful response, I will check my sources again. I have a connection to Patrick's daughter Mary Theresea Cashen (1857-1940) who married Leonard J Strom. regards Susan