Author Topic: Ann Park of Ulverston  (Read 3573 times)

Offline hvnurse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ann Park of Ulverston
« on: Friday 13 May 05 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for any information about Ann Park born abt 1845 in Ulverston. She married Isaac Steele b 1846. They had a daughter Mary Isabella Steele born in west derby. the family returned to Westmoreland by 1881
Can anyone help
Thanks
Julie

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Elizabeth Milward b 1884
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Park of Ulverston
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

don't know of anyone who does lookups for this area I'm afraid but you could try http://homepages.tesco.net/~rolygrigg/ (or google rolygrigg) who has a partial name index for some of the 1851 on-line. 

Can't see Ulverston itself available on-line but there is an Ann Park listed in the entry for "Ireleth, Stewner, Orgrave mill, Lindale, Dalton, Roosecoat, Rampside, Newbarns, Barrow"?  Unfortunatley this part doesn't give ages (some do).

If you are sure it is Ulverston itself then you can get copies of the 1851 transcripts by post from www.cumbriafhs.com.

Cheers

Sue
Archer, Walker, Armstrong, King, Watson, Hoodless, Milward, Gate.

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ChrisAllonby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 21:55 BST (UK) »
Can't help with Ann Park, but I'm researching my Grandfather Dewhurst Park of Ulverston - can anyone help?

He lived at 58 Neville Street, Ulvertson and was born about 1870. His mother was called Bella Park but I can't find any reference to his father. I think I need an 1871 census lookup for him, then I can hopefully identify his father - and then on into history - hopefully. Can anyone help - who was Dewhust Park's father?

Many thanks,
Chris Allonby,
formerly of Ulverston, now Middlesbrough.
Allonby, Burns, Ibison, Park

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 May 05 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

in the 1871 census Ulverston actually came within the Lancashire boundaries so it may be worth starting a different post on the Lancashire Lookups board and see how you get on?

In case you don't have it yet Dewhurst's birth is listed on the FreeBMD site as follows:

Dewhurst Park - Registered Qtr of June 1870 in Ulverston Ref 8E 738.

You can use this information to order his birth certificate from the GRo via this link http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificate/index.asp.

the birth certificate should show his mother and father.

Hope this helps

Sue

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ChrisAllonby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 May 05 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Yes, I realised soon after signing up on this borad that I was in the wrong place. I've put a post in the Lancashire thread and received some excellent help. Apologies for 'hijacking' this thread.

I've now got Dewhurst's birth cert' which of course gives his father ,and mother's maiden name. This has, however, opened up a whole new series of questions.

Regards,
Chris.
Allonby, Burns, Ibison, Park

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 May 05 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

not a problem - was just a bit worried no-one would see your request on this thread.

Cheers

Sue