Author Topic: England, Kent, Wills and Probate, 1440-1881 only available at LDS Centre  (Read 7946 times)

Offline Laverdiere

• RootsChat Senior
  • "Birdie" Wedderburn
    • View Profile
Re: England, Kent, Wills and Probate, 1440-1881
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 February 12 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Casalguidi, I can see everything so far...I've just been looking at wills in Diocese of Canterbury...
katerimmer, here's a link to FS contact page https://www.familysearch.org/help/contact

Offline katerimmer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 February 12 16:49 GMT (UK) »
I got a reply from them:

This collection has restricted access, because of the agrement signed with the custodian, and cannot be viewed on line except if you are a LDS member, that's the reason why you have the message  of "Image not available"
Nevertheless, you can view the collection in one of our Family History Center, either in ordering the films or probably on the computer of the center.
Anyway, we invite you to go to the closest center and ask the director for help.

So the reason I can't view the images is because I am not an LDS member.

But I don't really understand why I can view the Rochester images which are in the same collection then?

Bristow, Horsleydown; Glasscodine, anywhere; Ferrier, Edinburgh; Lucey, Bermondsey; Horner, Essex; Bowskill, Elkesley; Salter, Great Yarmouth; Vowles, Bedminster/Cardiff; Morgan, Breconshire; Vidgen, New Romney

Offline Laverdiere

• RootsChat Senior
  • "Birdie" Wedderburn
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 February 12 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Rochester and Canterbury are two separate repositories so I'm guessing the custodians agreed to different limitations in making their collections available through familysearch.  But at least you can see them at an FHC--that's better than ordering in microfilms.

Laverdiere

Offline Lorayne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 August 12 14:15 BST (UK) »
I went to my local LDS a couple of months ago and I was able to download several wills on my flash drive, and bring them home. They were very helpful and friendly there. I am geting more next week. I am in Australia. Worth the effort if you are close to a LDS.
I am in Queensland, Australia.

Regards
Lorayne