Author Topic: Spanier in Luzek Dolny  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Chris01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Spanier in Luzek Dolny
« on: Wednesday 08 February 12 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone tracing the family name SPANIER in Luzek Dolny, Galizien Kroenlande, Austria?

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Spanier in Luzek Dolny
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 12 07:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chris,

You would probably have more luck on jewishgen.org. Do a web search for Galicia SIG and you'll find the home page of Gesher Galicia SIG, the special interest group for Galician Jewish Genealogy.

Spanier was a common enough surname in Galicia and many other Jewish communities.

Rgds,

Justin

Offline Chris01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 February 12 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks.

Hello Chris,

You would probably have more luck on jewishgen.org. Do a web search for Galicia SIG and you'll find the home page of Gesher Galicia SIG, the special interest group for Galician Jewish Genealogy.

Spanier was a common enough surname in Galicia and many other Jewish communities.

Rgds,

Justin

Offline W?odzimierz Bieli?ski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 April 17 03:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

It looks like my great-grandfather was a Spanier from Luzek Dolny near Drohobycz.
Do you have any information about Spaniers from there?

Wlodek

Offline Chris01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 May 19 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Wlodek

I have several Spanier's from Luzek Dolny.

Give me a list of names together with their date of birth etc and I will see if they appear in my tree.

Chris

Offline W?odzimierz Bieli?ski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

My great-grandfather was Adolf Spanier born in Boryslaw on 17 June 1893, died on 16 June 1938. It looks like his parents moved from Luzek Dolny to Boryslaw.
Adolf’s father was Henryk/Heinrich/Henricus Spanier born in Luzek around 1862, and mother Teodozja/Theodosia/Feodosia Spanier nee Kosiorecka/Koszerecka born in Luzek around 1856
Henryk’s father was Jerzy/Georg/Georgius born in Luzek on 11 July 1830, and mother Anna Spanier nee Slawnyk/Slavnyk born in Luzek on 17 May 1832
Jerzy’s father was Adam Spanier, and mother was Apolonia Spanier nee Liski, born 16 September 1802.
In the tree there are also surnames Dukas and Kuciej.
BTW I was in Luzek Dolny last summer. There still lives a woman there whose maiden name was Spanier. But she’s the last…

Wlodek

Offline Chris01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Wlodek

Gregorius Spanier (b. 11 July 1830) is  my 1st cousin 4x removed. And his mother, Appolonia Liski (16 December 1802 to 28 January 1854) is my 3x great grandaunt.

So we are connected!

I don't have any information relating to Gregotius and Anna Spanier so it will be great to fill in the missing information.

Offline AbbyMadeline

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 May 23 15:39 BST (UK) »
My great-great grandmother was Elisabeth Spanier who married Konrad Schuster, came to Canada 1892 and spread out from there mostly to US and Canada.  Her records, etc. were found in village Neudorf as well as Luzek Dolny.  I hired a [professional researcher who found records for Luzek Dolny in the Przemysl Roman Catholic Archives.  I feel if your Spanier was from Luzek, then there is a
good probability they are related.  Can you give me your Spanier's name, birth and death info and
any any other info you have on them and try and find out how they are related.

Offline Chris01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 13 June 23 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi. Many thanks for your reply.

My great grandfather is George Spanier, born 9 November 1846 and he married Theresa Jantsch 4 February 1877.

George's father was a William Spanier born around 1820 and he married Christina Eva Schneider about 1840.

William's father was Georg Spanier who married Gertrude Liski.