Author Topic: Search for property COMPLETED  (Read 3257 times)

Offline algy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Search for property COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 09 February 12 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible please, to find someone living in Leigh Villas, old Chester Road, Wilderspool, or could be Stockton Heath, near Warrington in 1881, I am attempting to find the occupier of a large house next and to the left (west) of Leigh Villas , I realise that it is possible to search the 1881 census free, but need a lead to search for the next occupiers.
Thanks, algy.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Search for property
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 12 08:04 GMT (UK) »
Maybe you should get this moved?

Historically, Warrington was in Lancashire! ;D

Also, would the road have been called OLD Chester Road in 1881?
I can't find an Old Chester Road in Warrington.
There's a Chester Road in Latchford, but no Leigh Villas.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 February 12 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Assuming you are looking towards the 1891 census, this list of streets in the census index might be of help to you in searching the census http://yourarchives.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php?title=Category:1891_census_registration_districts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 February 12 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Leigh Villas reference is RG11 Piece 3513 Folio 25 Page 15.  I can't read what the previous address is but has been transcribed as House in Paid Coachmans and the occupier is a grrom and family. Addresses either side are just Chester Road.

It actually is under Cheshire, Civil Parish is Walton Inferior

Sndy

Offline algy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 February 12 08:54 GMT (UK) »
andycand, thanks for the information, at least now I know that there is not much hope of finding out now. and MaryA, thanks to you also.

Offline algy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 February 12 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Leigh Villas reference is RG11 Piece 3513 Folio 25 Page 15.  I can't read what the previous address is but has been transcribed as House in Paid Coachmans and the occupier is a grrom and family. Addresses either side are just Chester Road.

It actually is under Cheshire, Civil Parish is Walton Inferior

Sndy

andycand, strange name is it as you typed ggrom or g grom?.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 February 12 10:41 GMT (UK) »
andycand, strange name is it as you typed ggrom or g grom?.

Hi

Sorry, typo, it should be Groom & Coachman? The address could be House & Yard Coachmans.

Andy

Offline Latchfordian

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 February 12 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Maybe you should get this moved?

Historically, Warrington was in Lancashire! ;D

Also, would the road have been called OLD Chester Road in 1881?
I can't find an Old Chester Road in Warrington.
There's a Chester Road in Latchford, but no Leigh Villas.

Before the Manchester Ship Canal was opened in 1894 the county boundary was the River Mersey. The Wilderspool area of Warrington (including Chester Road) is south of the Mersey and so in 1881 would have been in Cheshire, not lancashire.

Jim
(Warrington born and bred  :) )
Andrew, Banks, Birchall, Burgess, Burk, Carnell, Cartwright, Clare, Costello, Cragg, Daniels, Gregory, Hague, Hamblett, Hardman, Jackson, Marland, Mee, Mollyneux, Mullin, Naylor, Orford, Owen, Richardson, Robinson, Smith, Street, Tyldsley, Ward, Whalley, Wright
(Mainly Lancs and Cheshire)

Offline Latchfordian

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 February 12 12:10 GMT (UK) »
andycand, thanks for the information, at least now I know that there is not much hope of finding out now. and MaryA, thanks to you also.

You've got me puzzled now Algy! Andy has pointed you to the appropriate census which shows who was living in Legh Villas and adjoining properties in 1881, which is what I thought you were after. What exactly is it that you've now not much hope of finding out?  ???

By the way, what is referred to as The Coachmans in the census could well be what is now called The Walton Arms, which is certainly on Old Chester Road as I've been there many times!

Jim
Andrew, Banks, Birchall, Burgess, Burk, Carnell, Cartwright, Clare, Costello, Cragg, Daniels, Gregory, Hague, Hamblett, Hardman, Jackson, Marland, Mee, Mollyneux, Mullin, Naylor, Orford, Owen, Richardson, Robinson, Smith, Street, Tyldsley, Ward, Whalley, Wright
(Mainly Lancs and Cheshire)