Author Topic: Hirst Family  (Read 8099 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hirst Family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 February 12 22:37 GMT (UK) »
You are very welcome.

Sure wish we could find that marriage for you. I seems to be extremely elusive.

This link has the image of the 1901 Canada census page for Delina's family posted above by valeriec (reply #2).

http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/ViewFrame.jsp?id=103564&highlight=1

I haven't been able to find Charles in 1911 so far.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 February 12 23:02 GMT (UK) »
www.pencenmuseum.com

They may be able to help with a marriage for Charles. They have a lot of information that isn't available online.

www.penetanguishene.library.on.ca/index.htm

I would contact them to see what resources they may have or know of.

Offline hrhjan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 February 12 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone.  Thanks for the poppy and thanks for welcoming me to RootsChat.  Its quite an emotional journey.  I'm not sure how to thank you all individually so I hope this message reaches all of you.  hrhjan.  :)

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 February 12 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Good luck and if you find anything else, please post it on this same thread so we can continue to help you search.

Offline Darlann Passfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 March 14 19:26 GMT (UK) »
I have the marriage info you seek re: Charles Hirst. He married my great aunt. Philomene Messier is my g-grandmother she married a friend of Hirsts' Fred Shurgold both were british home boys. Following is what you need:
Charles Hirst married my great aunt Deliane Messier, age 26 at St anne's , Penetang Sept 14, 1914. I have no knowledge of issue from this marriage
 Deliane remarried William Ellis Oct 24, 1925 (civil?) In Toronto. I show no issue for this mge so far but may be possible. Anything else I can help with?

Offline hrhjan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 March 14 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello there, I'm so pleased to receive your email.  I have been researching my great uncle Charles since 2008, I never knew he existed till then.   I've managed to find out quite a lot about him, and I have also been to his grave in France where he died in action in WW1!  Thank you so much for the info you have sent me.  I have wondered if anyone knew of him and Delaine.  I was in contact with a lady called Pam Tessier a couple of years ago, she works in the Penetang Museum & Archives, and she gave me the St Annes Church address to contact and request a marriage certificate.  I don't know the protocol in Canada regarding making such a request, but a year later I received a typed piece of A4 paper with Charles and Delaines name on, the date of the wedding, but no ages, occupations, who was present or addresses.    I take it that they didn't have any children?  Do you know where they lived when they first married, and when Delaine remarried, did she have children with her second husband?  I'm fascinated with this side of the family, and even though the recent 1921 Canadian census has just been released I can't find any more details about Delaine.  Delaines sister Philomene, I have found in the census and a copy of her marriage certificate too, Charles and Delaine have signed the document.  You can find my family tree on the Ancestry.uk site , called 'Pickles' family tree.  Do you know if any photos exist of them, I have no idea what Charles looks like, I'm guessing he looks like my gran!   When Charles was sent to Canada my gran wanted to go and visit him but her father wouldn't let her go, she was 4 years younger than him.  Its so sad because she never saw him again.  !! Once again thank you so much, I'm over the moon that you've got in touch.   I apologise for the long email!!   Janet Hartley

Offline Darlann Passfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 March 14 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful Janet.  I am sure I can find more information to share with you. Would you like to contact me offsite please. The oral family stories will no doubt bore these listers, and some is of a sensitive nature.  My email address is (*). I hope it is acceptable to offer my email address. Regards 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Sherry Batten

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi I may have some very valuable information for you! And  Would like to be able to contact you directly.  I think we have a medal that may belong to your Great uncles family.  It would be so exciting for us to make that connection... 
Hello there, I'm so pleased to receive your email.  I have been researching my great uncle Charles since 2008, I never knew he existed till then.   I've managed to find out quite a lot about him, and I have also been to his grave in France where he died in action in WW1!  Thank you so much for the info you have sent me.  I have wondered if anyone knew of him and Delaine.  I was in contact with a lady called Pam Tessier a couple of years ago, she works in the Penetang Museum & Archives, and she gave me the St Annes Church address to contact and request a marriage certificate.  I don't know the protocol in Canada regarding making such a request, but a year later I received a typed piece of A4 paper with Charles and Delaines name on, the date of the wedding, but no ages, occupations, who was present or addresses.    I take it that they didn't have any children?  Do you know where they lived when they first married, and when Delaine remarried, did she have children with her second husband?  I'm fascinated with this side of the family, and even though the recent 1921 Canadian census has just been released I can't find any more details about Delaine.  Delaines sister Philomene, I have found in the census and a copy of her marriage certificate too, Charles and Delaine have signed the document.  You can find my family tree on the Ancestry.uk site , called 'Pickles' family tree.  Do you know if any photos exist of them, I have no idea what Charles looks like, I'm guessing he looks like my gran!   When Charles was sent to Canada my gran wanted to go and visit him but her father wouldn't let her go, she was 4 years younger than him.  Its so sad because she never saw him again.  !! Once again thank you so much, I'm over the moon that you've got in touch.   I apologise for the long email!!   Janet Hartley

Offline Sherry Batten

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi I may have some very valuable information for you! And  Would like to be able to contact you directly.  I think we have a medal that may belong to your Great uncles family.  It would be so exciting for us to make that connection...