Author Topic: We know these Sheridans were alive in 1883 but what happened next? Help please!  (Read 11316 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: We know these Sheridans were alive in 1883 but what happened next? Help please!
« Reply #54 on: Friday 28 December 18 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Exactly where did you get the birthdate of 26 Mar.1896?

What details are given on 1913 manifest when arriving in U.S.? should list last foreign residence & contact details for next of kin.

Francis/Michael's marriage certificate should list his father's name and occupation. The Michael born 26 Mar.1896 to James & Mary (nee Owens) was the son of a sailor-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/cert_amends/cert_1896/1826528a.pdf
Here are widow Mary & children in 1901-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Louth/Termonfeckin/Baltray_Town/1570247
Children Catherine & Michael in 1911-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Louth/Termonfeckin/Baltray_Town/574195
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: We know these Sheridans were alive in 1883 but what happened next? Help please!
« Reply #55 on: Friday 28 December 18 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Naturalization paperwork for Francis Michael Sheridan show birth as 26 Mar.1896 Baltray, marriage details, etc.

Catherine & Michael arrived in U.S. 24 Nov.1913. Next of kin was brother Peter of Baltray. Passage was paid by sister of Mrs. Uttendorfer?, Schenectady Ave in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline msheridanfall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 28 December 18 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Oh my goodness! Thank you so much. This is him! I had the naturalization papers which is where I got the birthdate from and from the address, I know it is the correct person as my aunt, his daughter, used to live down the street.

Now is he related to these other Sheridan’s in this thread in any traceable way?

Offline sueclog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 28 December 18 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Well at least all today’s feedback has helped to get that far. As I said in the pm, the birthdate was the sticking point and getting the certificates will give you the evidence you need to be sure of your beliefs and that extra time means you don’t go too far down the wrong path. Sheridan is such a common name in the area, and none of these names appear as yet in this tree so probably no links unfortunately!

Greeney (Grinney); Bulley; Bentham; Holme; Sheridan; Clifton; Massey; Clarke;