Author Topic: William Henry Rowe  (Read 7451 times)

Offline caperjackie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Henry Rowe
« on: Saturday 11 February 12 21:40 GMT (UK) »
I have a black and white picture of William Henry Rowe as an elderly gentleman. All I know of this man is that he would have probably been born between 1820 and 1860. The family story is that he was a butler around London somewhere, had 2 prolific marriages - 3 of the children were named David, Flora and Nora. Will gladly send the photo to anyone who wants it. My father was the illegitimate son of Flora and raised by David's wife Gertrude (nee Lily Pateman of Cambridge) and Nora.

Offline Nolloth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry Rowe
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 16 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hello

Your post has been on the site for a little while but I am hoping you still have a copy of the photograph.

William Henry Rowe was my great grandfather from his second marriage to Julia Elizabeth Rowe.

Regards

Offline caperjackie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 October 16 19:58 BST (UK) »
I do still have the photo .......... are we speaking of the same William Henry Rowe ....... there seems to be all kinds of them ....

Offline caperjackie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 October 16 21:55 BST (UK) »
This is an original portrait photograph ...... I also have one of Nora and one of Florrie ........ will be in England at the end of November and will gladly bring them if you are interested. William Henry Rowe was also my great grandfather so we must be related LOL

Offline Nolloth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your messages. I don't seem to be able to PM, I'm new to the site and that may be the reason?

We are definitely talking about the same William Henry Rowe, my great grandmother was his second wife. I too have a photograph of William in his older years, maybe it is the same one?

Offline caperjackie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:38 BST (UK) »
We definitely need to PM in order to send personal information so that I can get these to you. Did you try ...... click on my user name (it will say view personal profile) and when it comes up there is a list on the left hand side ....... one of the options is send PM. You have a pic too??? Maybe mine is not an original .........

Offline robbo43

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kathie 1932 - 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 December 16 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your messages. I don't seem to be able to PM, I'm new to the site and that may be the reason?

I believe you have to have made 3 posts before you can pm anyone
FLOOD - Exeter, Middlesex.  DAVEY - Norfolk, Herts, West Ham.  MILLS - Hampshire.  GARLAND - Sussex.  BRIGHT - Hampshire, GULLIVER - Hampshire, Sussex, London.  NOCKELS - Norfolk.  POMEROY - Exeter.  RANDALL - Sussex, Surrey.  REYNOLDS - Cambridgeshire.  BOWYER - Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.  STUPPELL - Kent.  MISSEN - Cambridgeshire.  TAYLOR - Cambridgeshire.  TOWNSEND - London.  CURTIN - London, GIBBONS - Suffolk, BROWN - Suffolk, SWALE(S) - Yorkshire, GAIN - Sussex