Author Topic: MANTON  (Read 2045 times)

Offline bisior23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MANTON
« on: Sunday 12 February 12 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am absolute beginner.Can you please give me some advice how to start.All I know my grandfather brother's name was FRANCISZEK STANISLAW MOZDZIERZ He was born in Poland He was a soldier in England during the WW2.After the war he settled down in England.He changed his surname to FRANCIS STANISLAW MANTON lived in Nottingham and died 1973.I am convinced his family live here in UK.
Any help please.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MANTON
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 12 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bisior23

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

By family, I guess you mean his children, grandchildren?   Anything we might find for you would have to be kept in the private section of Rootschat as it would involve living people and perhaps recently deceased, whose privacy we must maintain.

You can access the Private Message system in Rootschat only after posting 3 messages on the public forums. Once you've done that, any of us as individuals can send messages to, and recieve messages from,  you.  You've posted 1 public message (this topic). Reply to me, and that makes it 2....  we'll get you up to 3 quick smart.

Meantime, use this free resource:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

To find the  possible name of this wife   and the name of a child of that marriage, don't post what you find on here though.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline bisior23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 February 12 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi AMBLY
You are really helpfull. First step is done. I've found some documents I'll keep trying to find more.
Many thanks

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 12 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I can PM you some possible marriage and birth's when you have made enough postings

There is a marriage reg for your Grandfather's brother -and possibly he had 3 children???

From BMD registration districts they possibly lived just over the border in Derbyshire

Langley Mill Derbys had quite a lot of Polish gentleman settle there  after the war

Make another post and I will PM you

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bisior23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 February 12 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suz
You are right.I have heard from my mum they had three children.I possibly found name one of their children but I have a problem with establishing others.Thank you for any help from you

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 February 12 19:17 GMT (UK) »
I will PM you with information

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bisior23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 February 12 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz
I hope I can receive PM now.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 23 February 12 04:26 GMT (UK) »
In the meantime, although you likely had this Mozdzierz, Franciszek Stanislaw; Poland; Engineer. Fitter; 21, Yew Tree Avenue, Carrington,. Nottingham. 16 July, 1949. http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/38697/pages/4079/page.pdf
I imagine it was checked that he is no longer living, so o.k. to post full name?

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Sally Birkin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 December 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »
I believe I can help xx