Author Topic: Upton nee Jermy  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Upton nee Jermy
« on: Monday 13 February 12 09:53 GMT (UK) »
I had, a first cousin Shirley O Upton. Her maiden name was Jermy. She married a Bernard Upton at Solihull and I understand that they emigrated - Canada was mentioned to me by another relative who also told me that she was dead but he really had no details.

By now their children would be in their fifties and probably grandchildren aged up to perhaps 25 - that is a lot of relatives that I have somewhere out there. Perhaps one of them is doing some family history research.

Shirley's mother was Millicent [Millie] Williams nee Murrill b. 1911. She had a sister Betty [b. Phipps] who died quite some long time ago but as an adult with her own children.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
Re: Upton nee Jermy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 12 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hackstaple, what specific help are you seeking please?

charlotte

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 12 10:35 GMT (UK) »
I would like to be in touch with any living descendants of this couple if they would permit it. There cannot be any publication of their names here so if anyone has information I would hope to receive it in a PM.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 February 12 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Forgive me if I am asking the very obvious...,have you checked Surnames board?

I put an English name on a members interest board and scored fabulously... an unknown relative replied and we are now the best of friends.

charlotte

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 January 22 17:34 GMT (UK) »
In case anyone comes across this I eventually found Shirley, recently deceased but whilst alive used only the name Olive. That was in Canada.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 January 22 17:45 GMT (UK) »

You are able to mark this topic as completed - at the bottom of the page.  :)
Hope this helps.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada