Author Topic: *COMPLETED* BOSTON of Great Barford Parish Look-up Pls  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Pangela84

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* BOSTON of Great Barford Parish Look-up Pls
« on: Tuesday 14 February 12 03:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I am trying to find the name of my ancestor's parents.  Would someone please do a look-up for me?

My ancestor Sam. Boston got married to Eliz. Howkins on 08 NOV 1756 in Great Barfordand I know that they would have been an Anglican family.  I believe I also may have found his christening record in the same parish but, I can never be sure with what shows up on the internet.  In the case of the probable christening record, his parents are: Samuel & Mary. 

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!! -Angela-   :)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BOSTON of Great Barford Parish Look-up Pls
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 08:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Angela & welcome to Rootschat.

The IGI on the FamilySearch site has extracted (from the PR) 2 entries of the baptism at Great Barford of Samuel Boston, to parents Samuel & Mary on 31 Dec 1727 & then again on 17 June 1733. The first Samuel was buried 24 May 1731. However the NBI has another burial at Gt Barford of Samuel Boston on 7 Jul 1737 - now without a look at the PR transcript I do not know if this is Samuel the father, or Samuel the son. Samuel & Mary christened other children at Great Barford between 1727 & 1735 so perhaps it's father who is buried in 1737.

Regards John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline StevenG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 09:08 GMT (UK) »
The 1737 burial gives Sam Boston, innkeeper.

Offline StevenG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Going back to the original post, Elizabeth Howkins is given as of Kempston in the marriage transcript.

Offline Pangela84

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, Steven!!! Wow you're a sleuth!!! I think that everything is adding up since as far as I can tell, Sam and Eliza Boston only had two Samuels and one Sarah in 1735.  It is probable that Samuel Senior died in 1737.  Very interesting indeed!

I am just getting used to the format of this website so please bear with me but, I am SO impressed!!!  I wish I had found this gem sooner  ;D

Regards, Angela

Offline Pangela84

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you John for your contribution to my family tree  :) I appreciate your time.  As I was saying to Steven, the 1737 burial of Samuel Boston, Senior makes sense to me.  The last child, Sarah Boston, that I believe they had was born in 1735.  I will look further into this! 

Regards, Angela  :)

Hello Angela & welcome to Rootschat.

The IGI on the FamilySearch site has extracted (from the PR) 2 entries of the baptism at Great Barford of Samuel Boston, to parents Samuel & Mary on 31 Dec 1727 & then again on 17 June 1733. The first Samuel was buried 24 May 1731. However the NBI has another burial at Gt Barford of Samuel Boston on 7 Jul 1737 - now without a look at the PR transcript I do not know if this is Samuel the father, or Samuel the son. Samuel & Mary christened other children at Great Barford between 1727 & 1735 so perhaps it's father who is buried in 1737.

Regards John